33903Re: Queensland election wrap-up

  • dave_r_riley
    Sep 19, 2006
      --- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "bobgould987"
      <bobgould987@...> wrote:

      > Dave Riley's absurdist "analysis" of the Queensland election

      Hey Bob! Answer me this conundrum will ya?

      Buried in my absurd analysis was this:

      "Triumphalist declarations that merely hail the Queensland election
      result as a massive defeat for the Tories offer Team Beattie the
      option of continuing to commit to as little reform as it always
      has.[Hey Bob! Is this true? Is Team Betatie a reformist govt in any
      shape or form?]] Here was a government in tailspin crisis, judged
      inept, arrogant and inaccessible, and continuing to strip investment
      in infrastructure to service a succession of budget surpluses, which
      it crowed about as its crowning achievement.[Hey Bob! Is this true
      too? You know -- does Team Beattie subscribe to economic rationalism
      or not? And is Team Beattie a very keen or succesful practitioner of
      that ideology? A 'Yes 'or 'No' will do.] While high migration to the
      state fuels a housing boom and comparatively low unemployment, Labor,
      whose fortunes are dependent on this context, has become
      complacent.[Hey Bob! Ditto?]

      The electorate's problem is that if Team Beattie doesn't deliver on
      its promises about public utilities and health reform, where is its
      electoral support to go? [Hey Bob!.....Please explain? ]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic