31181Re: DSP lurches towards a split

  • rogerraven
    Jul 7, 2006
      Gould's contributions generally seem destructive and unhelpful.
      While it is his democratic right to post them, no-one is under any
      obligation to read them, and certainly not to reply. Silence does
      not imply consent.

      --- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Marcus Ström
      <m.strom@...> wrote:

      > In the full article Bob writes:
      >
      > "Some things I have seen, in my considered opinion, should not have
      been committed to
      > paper at all, and should be discussed privately, which is where a
      certain duty of care
      > comes in. Marcus Strom's schema about total public disclosure
      wouldn't work in this kind
      > of situation."
      >

      > This is a total misrepresentation of my political method.
      >
      > Bob should take more care to read what people actually write.
      >
      > I challenge Bob to show one example of where I have called
      for "total public disclosure".
      > Even Nick Fredman has a more subtle understanding of my approach
      than does Bob.

      > In fact, in my last post to this list I wrote: "The Comintern quote
      you [Nick Fredman] give is
      > just common sense. If you have a disagreement, take it to your
      party cell or branch first;
      > don't rush into the public domain immediately. Public debate should
      be held at the highest
      > possible theoretical and practical level - the party press should
      not be a noticeboard for
      > the minor gripes of individual party members."
      >
      > A retraction would be welcome.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Marcus

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic