25023Re: DSP conference
- Jan 10, 2006Some possible reasons:
1. The new boss cocky has taken a holiday and no one else is allowed
to make a statement.
2. Everyone is still punch drunk from the political biffo at the
conference, which apparently was brutal. Norm Dixon certainly shows
signs of severe political disorientation.
3. The first isssue of Green Left Weekly for the year is on January
18, and all the riff-raff who aren't in the DSP will just have to
jolly well wait until then.
4. The new leadership is so badly split that it's incapable of any
action, even issuing a statement.
5. The factions are slugging it out over the composition of the
national office and the GLW staff. Will Doug Lorimer be sent to Heard
--- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Marcus Ström
> I guess that's a no then.
> --- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Marcus Ström
> <marcus_strom@h...> wrote:
> > I was wondering if the new leadership of the DSP has issued a
> > statement on the outcome and deliberations of its conference
> > over the weekend.
> > I understand that John Percy has been deposed as national
> > secretary and 'kicked upstairs' to be national president. His
> > replacement is national committee majority leader, Peter
> > Obviously an official statement would be welcome - and
> > some minutes.
> > Regards
> > Marcus Strom
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>