19295RE: [GreenLeft_discussion] Re: LATHAM TURNS NASTY

  • Sean Diggins
    Jun 28, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MICHAEL BERRELL
      But seriously I guess I am a crazy mixed up kind of guy. I blame the
      parents. I guess I recognise that unless Federal Labor gets its act together

      we're just going to be lumbered with an interminable period of
      Liberal/National Government and its just going to get worse and worse. Imean

      for heavens sake some commentator was even suggesting last week that John
      Howard may still be Prime Minister at 80!
      ------------------------------

      I have an inclination to concur with a view recently expressed by Robert
      Manne. Rupert Murdoch is so deeply entenched into the determinants of
      popular culture that he literally controls the swing voter to the extent
      that decides elections. As a devout neocon, it seems Murdoch may inflict the
      Liberal Party upon Australia for at least the next decade (perhaps the next
      20 years...).

      In "democratic" countries, we are now in an age where technology easily
      allows the ruling classes to almost completely control the world view
      adopted by those excluded from the ruling classes. As the ALP is showing, to
      embarrassing effect, this is almost impossible to counter.

      Sean
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic