16770RE: [GreenLeft_discussion] Re: `Left-wing' Laurie Ferguson's betrayal of Nauru detainees

  • Annette Pritchard
    Apr 21, 2005

      aswith any grenade....they explode. what a weird way to get your kicks.

      >From: "glparramatta" <glparramatta@...>
      >To: GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [GreenLeft_discussion] Re: `Left-wing' Laurie Ferguson's betrayal of Nauru detainees
      >Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:02:32 -0000
      >

      >I agree.
      >
      >Pham, you should find another list more in tune with your right-wing
      >views and stop distorting the discussions here. The GL list is first
      >and foremost a left-wing list, and while we should be patient with
      >those who are still thinking through left ideas for the first time, we
      >should not keep pandering to hardened rightwingers.
      >
      >Some of Pham's views so far expressed on this list include: support
      >for the gangster South Vietnamese regime; the jailing of Aboriginal
      >protesters; describing anti-globalisation protesters as hooligans who
      >deserve to be beaten and shot by police; and now support for Howard's
      >anti-refugee policies. I think Pham is one of those internet junkies
      >who enjoys rolling ``hand-grenades'' into lists to see what happens.
      >
      >Norm
      >
      >--- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Nick Fredman
      ><srcsra@s...> wrote:
      > > Pham Minh:
      > >
      > > >If it is true that the UNHCR has declared that those people
      > > >incarcerated in Nauru are not genuine refugees, then surely Australia
      > > >has no obligation to accept them.
      > > >
      > > >What the "bleeding heart brigades" seem to forget is that a lax asylum
      > > >seeker/refugee policy would result in many unnecessary deaths.
      > > >300,000 Vietnamese died at sea fleeing the Marxist Hanoi regime's
      > > >dictatorship.  How many would die in unseaworthy boats if the Howard
      > > >Government adopted an open-slather asylum seeker/refugee policy?  I
      > > >would suggest tens of thousands.
      > >
      > >  From what I've read I really question what connection anything Pham
      > > Minh writes has to any kind of left wing ideas or what purpose his
      > > messages serve besides provocation. Maybe this list is a bit too
      > > permissive and members should show some interest in discussion among
      > > the left.
      > >

      > > --

      Searching for that dream home? Click here for all your property needs.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic