16737Re: `Left-wing' Laurie Ferguson's betrayal of Nauru detainees

  • glparramatta
    Apr 20, 2005
      I agree.

      Pham, you should find another list more in tune with your right-wing
      views and stop distorting the discussions here. The GL list is first
      and foremost a left-wing list, and while we should be patient with
      those who are still thinking through left ideas for the first time, we
      should not keep pandering to hardened rightwingers.

      Some of Pham's views so far expressed on this list include: support
      for the gangster South Vietnamese regime; the jailing of Aboriginal
      protesters; describing anti-globalisation protesters as hooligans who
      deserve to be beaten and shot by police; and now support for Howard's
      anti-refugee policies. I think Pham is one of those internet junkies
      who enjoys rolling ``hand-grenades'' into lists to see what happens.

      Norm

      --- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Nick Fredman
      <srcsra@s...> wrote:
      > Pham Minh:
      >
      > >If it is true that the UNHCR has declared that those people
      > >incarcerated in Nauru are not genuine refugees, then surely Australia
      > >has no obligation to accept them.
      > >
      > >What the "bleeding heart brigades" seem to forget is that a lax asylum
      > >seeker/refugee policy would result in many unnecessary deaths.
      > >300,000 Vietnamese died at sea fleeing the Marxist Hanoi regime's
      > >dictatorship. How many would die in unseaworthy boats if the Howard
      > >Government adopted an open-slather asylum seeker/refugee policy? I
      > >would suggest tens of thousands.
      >
      > From what I've read I really question what connection anything Pham
      > Minh writes has to any kind of left wing ideas or what purpose his
      > messages serve besides provocation. Maybe this list is a bit too
      > permissive and members should show some interest in discussion among
      > the left.
      >

      > --
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic