16710`Left-wing' Laurie Ferguson's betrayal of Nauru detainees

  • glparramatta
    Apr 20, 2005
      Here's the latest from the Labor ``left'' notable Laurie Ferguson (by
      the way, the photo on the masthead of Ferguson's occasional glossy Reid
      electorate newsletter has him marching proudly side-by-side with Bob
      Gould! Bob, you should immediately contact Laurie and get yourself
      airbrushed out! I don't think you want to be associated with that turncoat.)

      Norm.

      *****************************
      Email from Laurie Ferguson

      Dear Xxxxxx,

      Thank you for your email today. We remonstrate with the Howard
      Government concerning deplorable aspects of their refugee policy. In
      regards to Nauru, even the UNHCR has conceded that the claimants do not
      have credible refugee claims and thus seek a 'humane' outcome.

      It is populist to say that the Nauru claimants should take the
      permanent residence places of the people in the camps of Peshawar and
      Kenya, but it is not honest.

      I am hopeful that another solution is found.

      Yours sincerely,

      Laurie Ferguson MP
      Federal Member for Reid
      Shadow Minister for Immigration