10090Re: An open letter to ALP members on Senate preferences

  • alanb1000
    Oct 18 3:34 PM
      "dave_r_riley" wrote:
      > Alan Bradley (who cannot seem to work out how 'loyal' a Greens
      > member he is)

      I'm a little puzzled by this. What does 'loyal' mean?

      As far my loyalties go: I am a member of the Greens. While I am in
      the Greens I am and will be as loyal to the Greens as I was loyal to
      the SA when I was in the SA, and as loyal as I was to the DSP when I
      was in the DSP.

      Anything else would be unprincipled.

      My Greens branch's major current priorities are: (1) fix up the
      functioning of our (ramshackle) executive; and (2) organise a big
      fundraiser in early November. Unless we achieve these goals, we (1)
      won't be able to function as an organisation; and (2) won't have any
      money. The fundraiser will also be a major contacting exercise, and
      will hopefully provide us with a pool of potential recruits.

      This is what we need to do in order to have the opportunity to do
      anything else. Otherwise, we might as well dissolve the branch.

      I am convenor of the branch. I was largely responsible for
      identifying these priorities. They are, therefore, MY priorities -
      what *I* think is important.

      There's a 50-50 chance that I will leave the Greens in the next six
      months. But even if I do, I will be a loyal Green right up to the
      last minute.

      As I said, anything else would be unprincipled.

      Alan Bradley
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic