File - welcomeToList.txt

  • GreenCanary@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 3, 2002
      Welcome to GreenCanary. The rules are simple (with apologies to Bill & Ted) -

      1) Be excellent to each other
      1a) NO FLAMING
      1b) When you change the topic, change the Subject line in your message (this helps people who aren't up to reading all the messages on the list)
      1c) Please quote what you're replying to from previous messages (some of us are ill and have memory problems)
      1d) Please delete any extraneous material from any message you're replying to, leaving the message header for identification (as on this message - this is important to any subscriber on a limited income who may be paying for the traffic they pull in)

      2) Share what you know
      3) Help when you can
      4) Do what works for you
      5) Be kind to the Earth, for She is the Mother of all Life; we have covered Her with poisons, and as we help Her heal, we heal ourselves.

      Please feel free to announce the existence of this list to others who might be interested, as long as it is done in a friendly, appropriate, and tactful way - and of course, I would expect no less of you, or any other member of this list. We are here to help each other, and to pool our knowledge to the benefit of all.

      For this reason, the list archives are publicly available; please observe all standard precautions regarding unsecured transmission of any personal information, and share only that information which you are comfortable with making publicly available. While I would hope that all list members are equally dedicated to the ideal of helping each other with knowledge and support in the effort we make to detoxify ourselves and our environment, not here to hurt each other or anyone else, the internet too has its hazards, and we must all exercise reasonable judgement about the information we choose to share about ourselves and our personal lives.

      Please feel free to upload files to the files section if they are ontopic to this list, and may be of use to others on or off the list. This includes:

      ~ articles on:
      ~ Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS),
      ~ environmental toxins,
      ~ xenoestrogens,
      ~ Environmental Illness (EI) of any kind, (including those illnesses that are not environmental in origin, but make sufferers sensitive to chemical exposures) and
      ~ signs of environmental illness in other species,

      ~ as well as information on alternative medicine,
      ~ chemical-free living,
      ~ non-toxic treatment methods for these illnesses and any other illness or problem that may be encountered by a person with MCS or EI,
      ~ and other aspects of "Green Living" or related subjects, such as:
      ~ organic food and gardening,
      ~ herbalism,
      ~ nontoxic building and
      ~ construction methods.

      DO NOT upload any copyrighted material that is not yours to share, unless it explicitly states in its content that it is available for public distribution by any non-profit means or media.

      And most of all - ENJOY THE LIST! It's here, it's for you, use it! <smile>

      Willow Firesong
      GreenCanary-owner@onelist.com

      Willow Firesong's Circle of Firelight in the Grove of Information
      http://members.tripod.com/~Willow_Firesong/
      http://home.talkcity.com/SpiritCir/WillowFiresong/

        Welcome to GreenCanary. The rules are simple -

        1) Be excellent to each other (with apologies to Bill & Ted)
        1a) NO FLAMING
        1b) When you change the topic, change the Subject line in your message (this helps people who aren't up to reading all the messages on the list)
        1c) Please quote what you're replying to from previous messages (some of us are ill and have memory problems)
        1d) Please delete any extraneous material from any message you're replying to, leaving the message header for identification (as on this message - this is important to any subscriber on a limited income who may be paying for the traffic they pull in)

        2) Share what you know
        3) Help when you can
        4) Do what works for you
        5) Be kind to the Earth, for She is the Mother of all Life; we have covered Her with poisons, and as we help Her heal, we heal ourselves.
        6) This list is highly ecumenical, with members of widely varying beliefs, and members of all religious views are welcome; however, we ask that list members be respectful toward one another. Expressing one's own feelings and views need not come at the expense of forcing them on one another, and the use of language of the heart and spirit should be inclusive, not divide us.
        7) Respectful and inclusive tolerance and support has always been one of the core values of this list.
        8) This is NOT a commercial list - please do not post advertising here. Our advertising policy is sent to all new members, or is available in the Files section of our Yahoo Groups community pages.

        We're trying to build up some good databases of non-toxic product, Environmental-Illness-friendly doctors, and more - if you think it might be suitable, but aren't sure, just check with me (the list-owner).

        You are also encouraged to upload files to the files section if they are on-topic to this list, and may be of use to others on or off the list. This includes:

        GreenCanary-owner@yahoogroups.com