Book recommendation: Harbinger

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's Future - Best selling book describes events associated with 9/11 that tie in to Isaiah 9:10,11, as a harbinger of national destruction of we don't turn away from our defiance and turn to God. (July 1, 2012)

      I would imagine by now that most of you have already heard of the #1 NYT bestselling book, "The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's Future" by Jonathan Cahn

      It's a definite must-read, showing a very strong prophetic warning for America to humble itself and return to God, or suffer the same fate as the Israelites anciently when they defied God upon receiving a chastising blow from the Assyrians, boasting:
      "The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with hewn stone; the sycamores have been cut down, but we will replace them with cedars.”
      The entire book does a masterful job showing that a singular verse, Isaiah 9:10 ties in to the events of Sept. 11, 2012, making that ancient statement now apply to our situation, along with the warning that comes in Isaiah 9:11. The author weaves a fictional story into the telling about these harbingers, which has the kind of page-turning appeal of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
      For those of you who know how much I enjoy word and number associations, you will no doubt see why I would be particularly honed in to the correlation of Isaiah 9:11 relating to the events of 9/11.

      Back on September 18, 2001, I did a compilation of the various instances of 9:11 in the scriptures, including not just chapter:verse numbers, but even page numbers, including Isaiah 9:11.
      You can see archive versions of that page via http://archive.org

      "Before God judges a nation, He sends warning," explains Cahn, and that is what the poignantly obvious Isaiah 9:10,11 tie-in is all about. And gratefully the book and associated video are doing very well in their distribution, spreading this message. Could we wake up in time and effect a deep enough change of heart in the nation to merit a turning away of judgment?

      Some of the things The Harbinger points out:
      • Isaiah 9:10 was quoted by three national leaders at key junctures as applying to the US (in the egotistical "we will rebuild" boast sense instead of going to introspection), not realizing they were pronouncing the associated judgment on America in so doing.
      • Essentially the only building that went unscathed that surrounded the collapsed World Trade Center buildings 1, 2, and 7, was St. Paul's chapel that happened to have originally owned the land prior to the towers, and was called "ground zero." It was where George Washington took the first congress to pray, to dedication the nation to God, the day the nation was founded -- long before DC was established. On that day, President Washington declared that America's prosperity and protection were dependent upon its adherence to God.
      • That chapel was shielded from destruction from the falling towers due to a sycamore tree that was in front of it and was cut down, taking the blow for the church.
      • In the sycamore's place was transplanted a mature "cedar".
      • On the anniversary three years later, a "hewn stone" from a nearby quarry, was placed as a cornerstone of the new structure that was to be erected, and again, Isaiah 9:10 was cited as being relevant.
      • The economic crisis that unfolded seven years after 9/11, happened right on the day of the Jewish calendar relating to judgment from God if the forgiving of debt is not evoked as Biblically required every seven years.
      Cahn doesn't get into the questions and issues related to 9/11 being an inside job; but that doesn't change the overall message regarding the relevance of Isaiah 9:10,11 to today. Will we persist in a stature of defiance, and ignore the call to return to God, or will we invite destruction of the nation by our defiance? We get the government we deserve, and as long as we are wicked, we will deserve conspirators to run our nation to destruction, eradicating its role as a bastion of freedom.