Polygamist liberation

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      CBSNews.com
      If you've not read it, the NY Times bestseller, "Escape", by Carolyn Jessop, is a must read about the captivity of women in Polygamy in the FLDS sect.  I see this captivity as a fruit of polygamy, and it is not a good fruit.  When righteousness becomes equated with number of wives and children, then wives become nothing more than breeders.  It's not about relationships.  It's about propagation of an increasingly Taliban-like, backward, oppressive cult.

      Having read her book recently, I had absolutely no empathy for the sect in this recent raid.  I hope it will help break the stranglehold the cult has on so many people.

      It's being called the biggest child abuse case in U.S. history.

      The Early Show:
      Insider's View Of Polygamist Sect
      Women in them are mere "breeding machines," a woman who escaped one told Early Show co-anchor Julie ChenMore...
      Watch: Polygamy Survivor Speaks

      Other videos of interest on the site:
      - Search Continues for Texas Teen
      - Polygamist Compound Raided
      - Former Polygamist Speaks Out
      - Texas' Child Abuse Case

      This only confirms my stance on Polygamy:

      Sterling