polluted food; 911 oblivion

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2007

      polluted food; 911 oblivion

      Hi HMG,

      Thanks for your comments.  It arrived as I was listening to the LDS Gen. Conference broadcast.

      I'm not listening to be instructed, but more to check in on the pulse of Mormonism.

      As soon as the talks begin, my spirit revolts.  It's still the same ol' same ol'.

      The tables being filled with vomit and excrement, in my opinion, is not just a statement of the non-nutritional value, but is a metaphor to say that it is the same thing regurgitated over and over.  Nothing new.

      The new general authorities only repeat what the old ones have said, with their new twists; but the substance is the same -- regurgitation.

      One steeped in Mormonism learns how to go to General Conference and bask in what is being said, as if it is being said for the first time.  They walk away as if edified, and rave about how good it was.

      This conference has everyone so excited to find out who the new member of the First Presidency will be, and who will come into the Quorum of 12, if the FP selection isn't from outside the existing body.  This is sheer excitement.  I agree that it does have a curiosity factor, but I find it quite telling that this is about as exciting as things get.

      When asked about modern revelation, members point to the "Proclamation on the Family", which many frame and hang in their homes.  I've even seen it framed in public buildings in Utah.

      That's not revelation of something new, its a fairly good statement of belief that has been held for centuries by Christians.

      Meanwhile, the nation is headed by a man who is part of a Neocon cabal who propagated the atrocities on their own people on 9/11, and the atrocities continue.  Each minute, the country spends $500,000 on a war over oil.  And so forth, yet Utah's approval of President Bush is ahead of most any other state in the nation.  Draconian laws are being put in place that limit our freedoms more and more, bringing about an Orwellian Police state.  Why?  Because the sleeping shepherds who the people look to for guidance say nothing about this subject that would shed any light on the perfidy.

      The Saints were supposed to establish a world government of God that would protect the freedom of all mankind (including the right to believe as one will, and to pursue one's dream as long as it doesn't impinge on the freedom of others), but instead they are part of supporting the establishment of the reign of the beast by not speaking against it, giving the impression that they don't have any problem with it, and hence implying their support of the Beast.

      The Mormons are rejecting the political component of God as clearly as the Jews of old rejected the gospel component of God.

      The salt has lost its savor and is good for nothing but to be trodden under feet of men -- which is what will surely happen if things continue as they are.

      Sterling