Special Relativity's Weakness as Dogma

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2006
      Mary-Sue Haliburton has been our editor at PES Network just about from the very beginning.  She is a highly intelligent and widely-read person.  This is very apparent in her most recent article that we published April 7.  She has a special knack for making dry but important subjects interesting to read.

      Here is what I submitted to Slashdot just now:

      Special Relativity's Weakness as Dogma

      Censorship
      Sterling D. Allan writes "An article by Mary-Sue Haliburton says that "the debate over Special Relativity takes us into a morass of religious fears and beliefs, and financial and psychological compulsion." Sometimes science is not so scientific when it begins to throw a mantle of infallibility over its major theoretical constructs. The article looks at how the dogmatizing of Special Relativity is drawing traditional religions under its sway, which may lead to unforeseen repercussions for both religion and science."