review: Flight of the Navigator (1986)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Flight of the Navigator (1986)

      4 stars

      Brave of Disney to portray this scenario

      As busy as I have been lately, it should say a lot that a movie grabbed me enough to sit me down to watch it -- especially a children's movie.

      The kids watched this probably 6 times before we returned the video.

      I've not seen this movie before, though my wife said she watched it often as a child.

      Believing from vast evidence (see Disclosure Project) as I do that
      1) there are alien craft that frequent the earth
      2) there are abductions, and that the abductors do have a way to erase memory of them in most cases
      3) the aliens do have advanced technology and to run experiments on earth specimens, including humans
      4) black-ops, of which high-level NASA officials are surely privy, are very familiar with this technology and do cover it up from public knowledge, and do benefit from the technology in exchange for . . .

      I was astonished to see these themes touched upon in this movie.

      I think I'll get this movie for keeps.  It is a fun way to convey some themes that are actually quite scary in real life.

      Truth is stranger than fiction.

      Sterling