The Center of Jerusalem - Location 666

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2005
      Having received the following email, I did a little further investigating and created a little page with my results:

      The Center of Jerusalem - 666 - The longitude and latitude numbers corresponding to the middle of Jerusalem, added together, come to a sum of 666. (Remember, there is an opposite for everything, so don't jump to conclusions.) 666 line goes up through Norway and down through Iran.
      http://www.greaterthings.com/Word-Number/666/Center_of_Jerusalem/

      Sterling

      The Center of Jerusalem - Location 666

      The Exact Location of the City of Jerusalem

      LATITUDE & LONGITUDE

      Latitude is shown as a horizontal line and is the angular distance, in degrees, minutes, and seconds of a point north or south of the Equator. Lines of latitude are often referred to as parallels.
      Longitude is shown as a vertical line and is the angular distance, in degrees, minutes, and seconds, of a point east or west of the Prime (Greenwich) Meridian. Lines of longitude are often referred to as meridians.
      Distance between Lines If you divide the circumference of the earth (approximately 25,000 miles) by 360 degrees, the distance on the earth's surface for each one degree of latitude or longitude is just over 69 miles, or 111 km.
      Minutes and Seconds For precision purposes, degrees of longitude and latitude have been divided into minutes (') and seconds ("). There are 60 minutes in each degree. Each minute is divided into 60 seconds. Seconds can be further divided into tenths, hundredths, or even thousandths. The exact center of the city of Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) is 31° 47' 00 N by 35° 13' 00 E. If we add the numbers we get:

         31° 47' 00 N
      +35° 13' 00 E
      6 6 6 . 00

      This, of course, may simply be a coincidence, but the probability of this happening is over 99,999,999 to one. You can check to location yourself at: MapQuest
      : Latitude/Longitude Map Search