Fw: Katrina Aftermath a Type & Shadow?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:31 AM
      Subject: Katrina Aftermath a Type & Shadow?

      I was watching the news about what's going on in New Orleans, and was struck with the thought that what is going on there is a type of what we may expect in the days ahead. Namely: martial law, rioting and looting (for food and other things), refugees, etc. And ... this is happening with all the resources of the state and country available AND the real damage is fairly local. Consider the effect of disasters of similar or greater magnitude occurring simultaneously at 5, 6 or even 12 locations simultaneously.
      Rich Kuchinsky