      Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [Greater Things] (OT) Why I'm Destined to Become the Richest Man in the World -- for Good

      Sterling:

          NO - technically the richest man in the world at the current moment is, and will continue to be, the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  As you may know, the LDS Church is a "corporation sole," meaning all assets are owned by a single shareholder.  Granted that theoretically the President holds these assets "in trust" for the members of the organization, but he never-the-less has, at any given time, complete control over these assets.  See Utah Code Ann. 16-7-7.

          Indeed, the President of the LDS Church controls more assets than even the Pope.   Most buildings in the Catholic Church are owned by the local diocese, and even on up to  cathedrals. They are not owned in the name of, or controlled by the Pope.  The Pope cannot order the disposition or sale of any of the local assets.  But the President of the LDS Church owns and controls every single asset owned by the Church - all buildings, all temples, all chapels, all colleges, all ranches (the Church just recently became the single largest landowner in Florida - It already was such in Utah), and so forth.  Yes - many of the assets are owned by the Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric, but it is a wholly owned subsidiary of the corporation sole, as is every other "Church owned" entity, such as Bonneville International, Property Reserve, Inc., Farm Management, Inc., etc.

          In a little over 100 years, the LDS Church "Corporation Sole" went from being disenfranchised to the single "richest" entity on earth!

          So, the President of the LDS Church is the "Richest Man in Babylon," and no other mortal will ever come close to "owning" or controlling as many assets. Cf. The Richest Man in Babylon, by George Samuel Clason.

      Bob

      On 11/15/2013 5:38 PM, Sterling Allan wrote:

      pretty heavy stuff

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic