827Message of Gladness

  • Sterling Allan
    May 23, 2013

      To: [family]
      Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:59 PM
      Subject: Message of Gladness

      A guy from Thailand wants to do a workover on some of the songs I've published at GreaterThings.com

      As I was listening to a few of them, it having been many years since I last did so, I had forgotten that I had recorded "A Message of Gladness" both with piano and with me singing, sometimes several choral parts. I don't remember what studio helped me produce that, but I'm glad we've got that recording. It's pretty incredible, if I say so myself.

      (The mp3 recording didn't translate the pedal commands properly sometimes, so the pedal sustain isn't there sometimes when it should be)

      As you hear me singing, you need to imagine females and males in various sections singing these parts.

      This is the song I composed for Dad and Mom's mission farewell back in about 1997, putting Dad's lyrics to music.

      Sterling