Re: Re: [Greater_Noida_RPS01] Greater Noida allottees told to pay more

  • i_nazir
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
      Truly agree... I'm in

      On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:43:18 +0530 wrote

      Really a bad news for all of us. Let's see how things unfold. I think we should also join this protest as its the burden of authority which now it is pushing to us.
      Gaurav

      --

      www.RetailEMall.com
      On Jul 2, 2013 7:37 AM, "Pradeep Sharma" wrote:

      GREATER NOIDA: Nearly two years after the land acquisition row broke out in Noida Extension, now Greater Noida West, the aftershocks continue to be felt. Almost 24,000 individual allottees of the Greater Noida Industrial development Authority (GNIDA) are getting ready to take to the streets and seek judicial reprieve to protest the Authority's decision to extract money from them.

      After the Allahabad high court order in October 2011 to pay enhanced compensation to farmers whose land had been acquired in the area, the Authority has decided that individual allottees - who bought their properties after 2003 and whose land falls in the 39 villages covered by the writ - will have to cough up anything between Rs 500 to Rs 3,300 per square metre to share its
      burden.

      According to GNIDA officials, individual plot owners, who have been allotted land as per the Master Plan 2021 across 39 villages in Greater Noida, will have to pay this extra amount. Requisite notices are already being sent to them, officials said. "The allottees will have to clear the new dues within two years in four instalments," said Harish Verma, additional CEO, GNIDA.

      "While allottees owning residential land will have to pay an additional Rs 1,465 per sqm, owners of group housing flats will pay Rs 2,015 per sqm. Allottees of other categories of land use, like institutional, industrial and recreational greens, will pay Rs 550 per sqm, while commercial land allottees will be charged an extra Rs 3,300 per sqm. After the court order, we are required to compensate the farmers with about Rs 4,500 crore. Considering the financial status of the Authority, we have no choice but to charge allottees extra amounts," the ACEO said.

      Meanwhile, under the banner of Evergreen Federation of RWAs, plot owners said they are not willing to shell out extra amount for distribution among farmers as hiked cash relief. "Eighty per cent of the allottees have taken loans to buy properties and are paying instalments of nearly Rs 15,000 every month. Moreover, the original allottees have sold their plots, so why should new owners bear the brunt," said Ilam Singh Nagar, president of Evergreen Federation of RWAs.

      Fuming at GNIDA's decision, residents claimed that they were being wrongly burdened to save real estate projects in Noida Extension. Owners of Sectors 2, 3, Omicron-I, II, III, Xu-I, II, Mu-I, II, besides a host of others will have to shell out anything between Rs 3 and Rs 14 lakh. "Why should we be troubled with the
      excess amount?" asked Vijender Singh, who owns a 200m plot in Sector 3. "I was allotted this plot in 2008 at Rs 10,500 and I am required to pay Rs 3 lakh to GNIDA," he added.

      "We will not agree to this resolution. I bought a property in Greater Noida because it was affordable but if GNIDA imposes its decision, I will have to pay another Rs 2 lakh," said a resident of Sector 36.

      The federation is soon going to meet Authority officials to address their issues failing which they plan to launch an intensive protest along with allottees. "If GNIDA doesn't address our woes, we are ready to approach the Allahabad high court", said Sher Singh Bhati, general secretary of the federation.

      TOI

      Tomorrow I will be gone, But there will be millions of memories Ringing on and on ..............

      Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here
    • Neeraj Garg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
        Hi,

        Have we legally vetted that GNIDA can ask for money from its allottees afterwards. In their sale brochure or in terms of allotment, has something of this sort been mentioned anywhere? We must have some legal eagle in our group who can vet that. This will make our case as well as protest strong.

        BR,
        Neeraj