Embleton - Shaunavon

  • David A Reed
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      Looking for possible descendants of one Patricia (Pat) Embleton, née
      Bernal-Ryan. She was my great-grandmother's younger sister and emigrated to
      Canada from England with her husband around the end of WWI.

      All contact was lost (in the 1950s?) but I do have in my possession a
      postcard of Shaunavon, where Pat was presumably living at the time, and
      although the postmark has been destroyed the context of the message means it
      must date from December 1918 or the early months of 1919.

      I assume the card depicts the main street of Shaunavon as the Canadian Bank
      of Commerce - a newly completed brick building by the look of it - is in the
      foreground and beyond that a clapboard building with a sign "Regent Cafe" -
      Rooms.

      The card includes the information that Pat had recently given birth to a
      son, Rex Jr. (so around New Year 1919?) from which I deduce that her
      husband's name (or nickname?) was presumably also Rex Embleton.

      I have no idea whether the Embletons remained in Shaunavon or moved on
      elsewhere but I am keen to know what became of "Aunt Pat" to help fill in a
      hole on our family tree so, if you have any information about the Embleton
      family or suggestions about where to write/who to contact, please post here
      or email me direct.

      TIA

      David A Reed

      dak.reed@...