RE: [GraphingCalcUsers] Reversing the n-slider?

  • Beth Hentges
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010

      Suppose you want h to slide from a high of 2 to a low of 0, in that order.

      There are two ways to do this.

      1.      In the equation pane type

      h=-n

      Label the slider n, and have n slide from 0 to 2.

      2.     In the equation pane type

      h=slider(0,2)

      In this second way, you have to move the slider by hand.

      Beth in MN

    • Jorge de Sousa Pires
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
        Thank you Beth and all others who gave some suggestions, all useful of course.

        I will try to introduce h=-n and see what happens, but I know that some, not all, will feel uncomfortable to have to write h=-n. "Why? Well, you know, because the slider does not go from 2 to 0"

        I am sometimes asked to remedy some problems in the classroom (of younger teachers) and these kind of questions arise there.
        The problem I was referring to is that when trying to explain A it is not good practice to be forced to introduce and explain B to explain A.

        So I would like to have an interface that is so unobtrusive as possible (=no fixes, just logic).

        Ah well, deep gratitude to all of you!

        All the best
        Jorge