RE: [Grand_Jury] Video clips of Federalist Society 2008 National Convention

  • Mark Adams
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
      Jon:

      It seems that you have the videos mixed up.  I watched the first one which you indicate that you pose a question and Prof. Hellman responds citing the loss of the JAIL proposal in SD.  That is not in the video although it was mildly interesting hearing a chief judge blather on about judicial discipline.  The other videos say that they are not currently available.  You might want to try blip as it does not play games with videos like the scum at You Tube and Google.  For example, see "Justice" in Florida’s Supreme Court!?!

      It sounds like you have some interesting video.  Please let me know when the bugs are worked out.

      Thanks,

      Mark

      To: lptexas-l@...
      CC: liberty-list@yahoogroups.com; lex_rex@yahoogroups.com; grand_jury@yahoogroups.com; grandjury@...; lis-leaf@yahoogroups.com; libertarian@yahoogroups.com; tclpactive@yahoogroups.com; amoj_main@yahoogroups.com
      From: jon.roland@...
      Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:13:59 -0800
      Subject: [Grand_Jury] Video clips of Federalist Society 2008 National Convention

      I attended the Federalist Society 2008 National Convention in Washington,
      DC, Nov. 20-22, and video recorded some of the sessions. I am uploading
      them to Google Video and have created a page for them at
      http://www.constitu tion.org/ rpt/fed-soc/ 20081120- 22.htm . I have not
      finished doing that as this is written, so revisit to get the additions.

      At most of these sessions the floor was open to questions from the
      audience and I took advantage of that opportunity to ask questions that
      convey messages of interest to libertarian constitutionalists. You will
      find some of the responses from the panelists revealing.

      Many of the sessions were covered by C-SPAN or C-SPAN2 and have been
      replayed there, so I have been able to get the messages out to a national
      audience. Check their archives to view them.

      The Federalist Society will also have their own videos of the events
      online at http://www.fed- soc.org/publicat ions/id.537/ default.asp and
      http://www.fed- soc.org/publicat ions/pubid. 1193/pub_ detail.asp (but notice
      that I seem to work faster than they do).

      Please spread this message widely.

    • jon.roland@constitution.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
        Google Video truncated the 1 hr 11 min clip to 7 min 26 sec. I will
        re-upload.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
          Jon:

          Just the highlights if you want anyone to watch any of it.  I almost quit watching after listening to the judge talk shit for 5 minutes.

          Mark

          To: Grand_Jury@yahoogroups.com
          CC: jon.roland@...
          From: jon.roland@...
          Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:06:17 -0800

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
            Serious reformers need to overcome their distaste for shit talk if they
            are to be effective. In Art of War, Sun Tzu (475-221 BC), we are counseled
            to know our enemy and know the lay of the land.
            http://www.constitution.org/sun_tzu/artofwar.htm

            Anyway, picking out the highlights is a lot of time-consuming work. If you
            are volunteering, go ahead.

            > Just the highlights if you want anyone to watch any of it. I almost quit
            > watching after listening to the judge talk shit for 5 minutes.
            >
            > Mark
          • Mark Adams
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
              Thanks, Jon.  I've read Sun Tzu.  I know what the other side says and what their goals are.  I'm pointing out that virtually no one will watch an hour long video of shills talking about the great job that they are doing, but your questions sounded interesting.  So, I'm suggesting that you edit the video and post the best parts.  I'd help you, but I'm in Florida, and in case you forgot, I've been doing as much as anyone in the country to reform our system.

              For example, I spoke at the press conference for POPULAR, a new coalition of judicial reform and whistleblower protection groups, at the National Press Club on the same afternoon that ACLP presented its findings showing that the American public is incredibly ignorant about basic civic information and that our "elected" officials score even worse.

              You can see the video of our press conference on the POPULAR web site. I speak about 20 minutes into it about the two rights to control our government which have been taken from us.  I expect that most people will not make it that far becasue most are busy and want more focused content, like my four minute speech.

              For more examples of my reform work see:

              Have American Elections Really Been Stolen? Part 1 in the "Democracy" in America Series – The Proof It was a Top Scoop on Scoop for several days. See it at http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0810/S00428.htm
              and if anyone thinks that our government still follows the rule of law or that it wouldn’t cover up election fraud, see Would Congressional Democrats Cover Up Neo-Con Election Fraud? Part 2 in the "Democracy" in America Series – No Way, Right?!?!  This article was also a Top Scoop on Scoop for several days. See it at http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0811/S00030.htm

              You will probably enjoy my speeches to the FCC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAni0WoI7LI to the rally to restore the Constitution http://blip.tv/file/1383769 to the National Judicial Reform Conference at Rice University http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5135583133302349969 and to the Hillsborough County Commission http://blip.tv/file/1462024

              Hopefully, our reform efforts will prevail.

              Mark

              To: Grand_Jury@yahoogroups.com
              CC: jon.roland@...
              From: jon.roland@...
              Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:48:31 -0800

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
                Actually, I do plan to eventually extract the highlights, but those will
                probably become YouTube uploads. But the priority is to get the entire
                sessions up, as this will attract visitors who don't want to wait for the
                Federalist Society to get them up, including attendees of the Convention.