Budget, out of control spending, sample what needs to be sent to your representative

  • People Against Prison Abuse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 7:25 AM

      A balanced budget amendment could be dangerous.  We don’t need it. The solution is already in the U.S. Constitution. Article 1, Section 7=requires that all spending bills originate in the House of Representatives. If the House doesn’t approve it, the President can’t spend it. Period. The Federal government  MUST be forced to live within its means, just like  “WE THE PEOPLE”. We do not  need a Constitutional amendment to do this? The Constitution is fine just as it is. Congress already has all of the remedies it needs, if it will only use them. If the present Congress doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude to do so, then let’s (WE THE PEOPLE) plan to get some new faces with stronger backbones next year. The most important thing isn’t to balance the budget; it’s to slash spending. If a requirement gets added to the U.S. Constitution that Congress must pass a balanced budget, one horrible alternative seems frighteningly clear to me: We will be forced to raise taxes to comply with the law and the revolving door continues to keep going around.