[inmate_letter_campaign] CA - Pat Wright - Compassionate Release - Terminally Ill With Cancer

  • People Against Prison Abuse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011

      --- On Sun, 6/19/11, Letter Campaign <inmate_letter_campaign@...> wrote:

      From: Letter Campaign <inmate_letter_campaign@...>
      Subject: [inmate_letter_campaign] CA - Pat Wright - Compassionate Release - Terminally Ill With Cancer
      To: inmate_letter_campaign@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 12:09 AM

      Pat Wright can be home in 10 days if Governor Brown approves and issues medical pardon paperwork to prison officials.   Please support an innocent woman that has been given a death sentence due to medical neglect.  Thanks Everyone!

      Please cut and paste this link to contact California's Governor Jerry Brown:

      http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php

      Please fax or email the sample letter found below:

      June 20, 2011

      Governor Jerry Brown - Attn:  Legal Department
      Governor's Office
      c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
      Sacramento, CA 95814
      Fax: (916) 558-3160

      Re:  Patricia Wright CDC#W7994
      FACTS:  Terminal Ilness - Cancer - Liver
      Medical Parole - Compassionate Release
      Zero Threat to Society
      One Misclassified Felony
      Innocent of Current Conviction

      Dear Governor Brown:

      We thank you for taking the time to consider the compassionate release of Patricia Wright whose innocence and release, as you may know, are supported by several organizations which include, but are not limited to, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office,  the Benjamin Cardozo Innocence Project, the NAACP and the Justice Denied Magazine.

      We would also like to extend our sincere appreciation to the Riverside County Public Defenders Office for presenting the motion in Riverside County California Superior Court 06-17-11, asking that Judge Dugan correct the record who erroneously reflects a felony that should have been classified as a misdemeanor.   It is unfortunate that your initial decision to deny Ms. Wright's compassionate release was based on the wrongful conviction of an innocent woman and compounded by erroneous information contained on her criminal record.  We would like to re-iterate what the Riverside County  Public Defender's office has verified and that is that Ms. Wright's official record only contains one felony and not two which you have based your initial decision to deny her release on.  We implore you to re-consider the true facts and your decision to grant the release of Ms. Wright who remains terminally ill and the misclassified felony, for the accidental taking of a stuffed animal and toy from a model home by her toddler son.  What monetarily amounted to a petit theft should have never been misclassified as a felony.  We beg of you to also keep in mind that Ms. Wright is an innocent woman with DNA evidence which supports her innocence.

      We ask that you do not deny an innocent woman her only chance to die at home surrounded by her family. Please do not allow Ms. Wright to continue to suffer from continued failures by our justice system.

      Sincerely,

      [Your name and address]

      "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." Hebrews: 13:3

      Inmate Letter Campaign

      Saving lives one letter at a time