re Grand Jury

  • Robert (Bob) Cheeseman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2008
      Remember 1776

      I am not the brightest bulb in the sign but I percieve the

      present make up of the grand jury system i e prosecutor lead, as

      nothing more than a modified star chamber.

      Given the fact that the prosecutor is a court officer,

      state/county, usually elected official it is in his/her best interest

      to act in his/her best interest whenever there is a controversial

      issue at stake or to indict as many as possible to give the impression

      of toughness thereby guaranteeing re-election or election to a

      higher office. Prosecutore aree the 'johnny come lately' menmbers of

      the judiciary. Under British common law and in the courts of

      early America, prosecutors were not officials of the court.

      Prosecutors have no place in grand jury proceedings. See the

      present controversy in Texas. A good example of the 'good ole boy'

      network.

      It is way past time for We the People to exercise our options

      and muscle and re- take control of the institution from the

      inmates.

      Diogenes