100 million visits to constitution.org

  • Jon Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2009
      We didn't catch it when it occurred, but apparently the number of
      visitors to constitution.org exceeded 100,000,000 about April 12, 2009.
      The rate at which people visit the site has been rising steadily since
      it was launched September 12, 1995. There are more links to the site
      from other sites than ever before, which contributes to it continuing to
      be one of the highest ranked sites on the Web on subjects related to the
      word "constitution". It took many years of work to make the site
      something that would thus enlighten public discourse on the subject of
      constitutional history, law, and government. A number of commentators
      have given the site credit for dominating and redirecting such
      discourse. One has said that it has educated more people about law than
      all the law schools combined.

      As we continue our efforts, we urge you to visit our site often, use its
      resources, and recommend it to others. If we are to have a rule of law
      and not descend into despotism, we need everyone educating themselves on
      constitutional matters, teaching others, and organizing themselves into
      working teams that defend the constitution and return legal practice to
      comply with original understanding.

      We also invite you to visit our many supporting sites, including several
      blogs, linked from various pages on our main site.

      -- Jon

      Constitution Society 2900 W Anderson Ln C-200-322, Austin, TX 78757
      512/299-5001 www.constitution.org jon.roland@...