worth 3 minutes of your time ...

  • Kristi Devine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2009
      Dear Marsha:

      THANKS for sharing.  Maybe our only hope for this country and our children's futures!  And, thank you for not giving up!!!

      Katie // January 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

      Recently I attended a meeting of the We The People Foundation and I can describe it in two words: LIFE CHANGING.

      I urge all of you to look at the schedule on this link. If you are anywhere within 200 miles of one of them, or know someone who is, YOU should go and listen and learn.

      Don't question it. Just find a way to get there. And bring people with you.

      http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org/UPDATE/misc2008/2009-Pre-CC-Schedule.htm.

      I walked in not knowing anyone else or if I should be in this place. I walked out with a glimmer of light at the end of a very long tunnel that we have the ABILITY and the RIGHT and the birth of a PLAN of ACTION to take back our constitutional republic that has been violated so many times.

      I believe I learned more about history in those 3 hours than 4 years of high school. Folks it's 1774 all over again. The bad news is things are worse now than they were before the Revolutionary War. The good news is we don't have to create a Constitution or Declaration of Independence. We already have the perfect documents and laws in place. They're just not being followed.

      The beauty of this mission is IT ISN'T ABOUT POLITICAL PARTIES! It IS about Americans who love their country, are fed up with well-documented corruption in government, and are forming the plan to defend the Constitution, and dare I say it,m"get the Government back on the side of the People" (wow! where did we hear that?)

      I'm personally tired of sitting at my desk, complaining about things, living in fear or depression, and am grateful to the We The People Foundation.org for helping me find an outlet for being proactive. You can, and should, too.

      My parents are elderly, but they were very active politically in the early 60's. There are a lot of parallels with these times we're in, but they agree, this is much, much more dire. I just spent two hours on the phone with them, and they heard a different daughter. They are encouraged now. It's not too late, but there isn't much time left, and if the Constitution continues to be violated in the direction we're going, it won't matter. Our lives as we know them are over.

      I see the Internet as a huge tool to help us win this. The more we can focus our efforts in one place, with laser-like intensity, the sooner we can clean up this mess.

      This group is forming a Continental Congress - three citizen delegates from each state are being sought to go to Philadelphia in March for  creating an action plan. (This is exactly what happened in 1774 - worked out pretty good, wouldn't you say?) Bob Schulz spoke for almost 3 hours, giving a background, history and quotes from our Founding Fathers. YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP.

      To say we're in similar circumstances is an understatement.

      Lots of people are sacrificing all they can for this organization’s efforts. They're not about profiting from this disaster. They're about fixing it. You can get educated by going to their website at WeThePeopleCongress.org Click on the article posted on 12/20 "Summit Call" and work your way to more recent postings. Mr. Schulz explained that this would be the most logical way to understand what they're doing.

      Yes, they need money. But they also need our time. And effort. Whatever special gifts, talents, or skills we can bring will be needed. Our government officials have become power hungry and it needs to end.

      "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES."  1791 - First Amendment

      I am seeking to become a Delegate for the State of Virginia. Please support me - and the future of our Country - I want my children to have a future - don't you? - Marsha

      Marsha Lambert Maines

      "The people of this state do not yield their sovereignty to the agencies that serve them. The people, in delegating authority, do not give their public servants the right to decide what is good for the people to know and what is not good for them to know. The people insist on remaining informed so that they may maintain control over the instruments that they have created."   Washington Public Records Act, RCW §42.17.251

      Governments need armies to protect them from their enslaved and oppressed subjects. – Tolstoy

      Best regards,

      Kristi L. Devine
      978-852-8012

      Have a GREAT DAY and pay it forward!

      "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about it." - A.E.