380Davidian Massacre Memorial April 19, 2014

  • Jon Roland
    Apr 13, 2014
      The 21st anniversary of the Davidian Massacre will be commemorated again this year at the Best Western Motel, 1502 N I-35 (across from Wal-Mart), 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Lunch will be served. The phone number for the motel is 243-799-1766. The phone number for Clive Doyle, the organizer, is 254-714-0115.

      In past years some of us have then visited the Mt. Carmel Center, site of the massacre. Map.

      You are also encouraged to visit the Helen Marie Taylor Museum, 701 Jefferson Avenue, Waco, TX 76701, 254-752-4774. It has a great collection of materials on the massacre, as well as on the history of Waco and its people. Map.

      For more information on the massacre see Waco: The Massacre at Mount Carmel , and especially the two videos that expose the government culpability in this tragedy, for which justice remains to be served.

      Videos of the 20th anniversary commemoration are collected in this playlist.

      This and related abuses will be the subject of our Austin Constitution Meetup, April 22, 2014, at the North Village Branch Library, 2505 Steck, Austin, Texas, beginning at 6:30 PM.
      -- Jon
      Constitution Society               http://constitution.org
      2900 W Anderson Ln C-200-322           twitter.com/lex_rex
      Austin, TX 78757 512/299-5001  jon.roland@...