334Elementary Catechism on the Constitution of the United States (1828)

  • Jon Roland
    Jun 23, 2013
      We have added an interesting short book used to teach students in the early republic. It is Elementary Catechism on the Constitution of the United States, by Arthur J. Stansbury, published in 1828. We have it in two formats:

      HTML
      PDF

      It is not perfect. For example, it erroneously teaches that private parties are forbidden to mint money, whereas only states are forbidden from doing so. It should not be taken as legally authoritative, but as an illustration of how the Constitution was taught in that era. You are invited to compare it to the way the Constitution is being taught today.

      Donate
Now!
      -- Jon

      Constitution Society               http://constitution.org
      2900 W Anderson Ln C-200-322           twitter.com/lex_rex
      Austin, TX 78757 512/299-5001  jon.roland@...