[GranRapidsWarGamers] Re: Welcome one and all!

  • matt hiske
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
      I don't own WOG, but I'm curious about it. I linked my War Game
      collection to the site, members can create a list of their games if
      they want, then we know who owns what games.
      I'm also wondering what types of games David and Jason are interested
      in and what days best fit their schedules. I think I will do a
      running poll for the best days available for members once we get a
      few more members............Matt

      --- In GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com, Clark Ben <bclark@...>
      wrote:

      > Ah. 100 Years War. Not as cool as a Crusades game (of which
      there's
      > pretty few recent titles), but if you have WoG, I'll play it.
      >
      > I am booked up through the weekend after the election, but should
      have
      > some Friday/Sat/Sun free time after that.
      >
      > Ben
      >
      > On Oct 29, 2008, at 7:39 PM, matt hiske wrote:
      >
      > > You guessed correct! Warriors of God covers the 100 year war
      period
      > > and is published by Multiman.
      > >
      > > --- In GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com, Ben Clark <bclark@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Haven't seen WoG. Who does it? Multiman Publishing is doing a
      > > Crusades
      > > > game next year that looks cool and I've been thinking about it
      for
      > > > awhile, so if WoG is a Crusades game, count me in. Otherwise,
      > > > well...I'll play it anyway!

      > > try
      > > sometime.

      > > <bclark@>

      > > just

      > > of
      > > through

      > > almost

      > > though.

    • jason horton
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
        I am up for any type of war game.  Are there any that allows collaboration between players that form alliances (secretly or not)?  Or how about one where all players work together to beat the game in a given amount of time?

        As for my schedule, the weekdays do not work well for me.

        So far the group has 5 members.  I know by the email adresses Matt and Ben.  Do I know you David?  Who is ljkopen again?  Do I know you?

        Looking forward to the first battle!

        Thanks Matt for setting this up!

        Jason

        href="mailto:GranRapidsWarGamers%40yahoogroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:GranRapidsWarGamers%40yahoogroups.com">GranRapidsWarGamers @yahoogroups. com

        > > almost

        > > though.

      • matt hiske
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
          Jason-

          "Conflict of Heroes" allows for hidden units which uses laminated small boards for players to track movement. Some units are placed on the large game board in open view.

           "Hold the Line" either allows the British or Americans so many turns to accomplish victory, depending on the scenario.

          You actually played "Settlers of Catan" with myself and Ben the first time I went to the meetup, Jareds wife played with us. Ben hasn't been able to make it since, what's up with that. LJ is Caledonia Larry and I believe you have been to his house for a game night.  Hopefully David can make it to one of the game nights or schedule a battle with one of us and join in on the fun.  I don't think I have met him yet, maybe though.

          Have you played Memoir 44? I love it and I would be willing to break you in on that one first.
          Matt