Combat Soldiers (Lost Battalion Games)

  • sawtoothbarbie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2009
      Is there any interest in playing Combat Soldiers?
      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14522

      It's a card game for 3 to 6 players, set in the Battle of the Bulge, where you play both German forces and American forces on your tableau at the same time.

      You might have in place two German squads and one American squad (built from cards). On a turn you might use one German squad to attack someone else's American squad guarding a bridge, have your other German squad refit, and your American squad cut supply to someone else's German squad holding a village (so you can smack them hard in another round).

      At the start of the game each player secretly records between 2-5 (of 9 total) victory point locations that they believe they can control, and which side's forces (German/American) will be controlling it.

      At the end of the game you score points, on a sliding scale, for what you control (whether you recorded at start, if the "right" side controls it, etc), and lose points for what you don't control but wrote down you would.

      Plus you score points for ALL enemy forces you take out (German or American, they both count).

      Highest total is the winner.

      Any interest?

      I have the game and am willing to teach it.

      Jim
    • mahrloh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2009