RE: [GrandRapidsWarGamers] Gaming

  • Dave Van Over
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
      Your place this Thursday sounds great!

      Dave

      To: GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com
      From: matthiske2003@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:01:20 +0000
      Subject: [GrandRapidsWarGamers] Gaming

      I was looking for somewhere to game last night and noticed nobody was hosting, what's the deal? Hopefully this Sunday I am going to setup Battles of Napoleon for a solo game or if anybody wants to join me in a first play you are welcome. I usually will make a pizza if I have company on Sunday or we can go to the Village Inn for din-din.

      I will be happy to host this Thursday unless Rick or Dave would like to host it.

      See Ya,

      Matt

    • matt scooter hiske
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
        Come on out this Thursday as I want to hear the gun fire going off. I believe we have four and let's see if we can make it six. I love to see six as it opens it up to all the possibilities in war gaming. I would love to see Honor & Glory on the table as it has been on my wishlist for a few years.

        See Ya Thursday,

        Matt

        P.S.

        I ran through a few turns of Battles of Napoleon: The Eagle & The Lion omn Sunday and I think I have figured it out despite the lack of cohesive rules. Marc G stopped by and I gave him a briefing on the rules and he was very intrigued by the game. He has been playing Napoleon War's by Worthington Games and I hope he finds some time on a Thursday so we can get it played. I love both games equally and would never turn down a play.

        --- In GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com, Dave Van Over <davevanover@...> wrote:

        > Your place this Thursday sounds great!
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > To: GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com
        > From: matthiske2003@...
        > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:01:20 +0000
        > Subject: [GrandRapidsWarGamers] Gaming
        >

        > I was looking for somewhere to game last night and noticed nobody was hosting, what's the deal? Hopefully this Sunday I am going to setup Battles of Napoleon for a solo game or if anybody wants to join me in a first play you are welcome. I usually will make a pizza if I have company on Sunday or we can go to the Village Inn for din-din.
        >
        > I will be happy to host this Thursday unless Rick or Dave would like to host it.
        >
        > See Ya,
        >
        > Matt

      • Brett Bolen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2010
          I am back from my travels. I have several new wargames

          1) Duel of the Giants http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70324/duel-of-the-giants

          2) Battles of westeros http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67492/battles-of-westeros (this is a great variant on the command and colors system that memoir uses)

          3) Space hulk card game http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/71721/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game (I am not sure if this counts or not but it is fun)

          Brett Bolen
          Physics Dept
          GVSU

          616-331-2291

          159 Padnos Hall of Science,
          1 Campus Drive
          Allendale, MI 49401
        • matt scooter hiske
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
            Nice picks Brett. DotG looks like it is going to be a very good game. You must have play tested Westeros and thought it was good enough to purchase because I know you were on the ropes with that one.

            See Ya Soon,

            Matt

            P.S. I still don't have a confirmed schedule for Thursday. If I can't play Thursday I am willing to head out to Allegan to pick up the games and play CoH.

            --- In GrandRapidsWarGamers@yahoogroups.com, "Brett Bolen" <bolenbr@...> wrote:

            > I am back from my travels. I have several new wargames
            >
            > 1) Duel of the Giants http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70324/duel-of-the-giants
            >
            > 2) Battles of westeros http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67492/battles-of-westeros (this is a great variant on the command and colors system that memoir uses)
            >
            > 3) Space hulk card game http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/71721/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game (I am not sure if this counts or not but it is fun)
            >
            > Brett Bolen
            > Physics Dept
            > GVSU
            >
            > 616-331-2291
            >
            > 159 Padnos Hall of Science,
            > 1 Campus Drive
            > Allendale, MI 49401

          • Brett Bolen
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
              yea westeros is quite different then memoir in that it does not have sectors. movement is governed by dice plus cards. you may use a card if a unit is within the command radius of a commander

              brett