New Game To The Group

  • matt hiske
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2009
      A new 2009 card based game that one of our members owns. This looks very cool with sweet looking cards.

      2-4 Player
      The Hell of Stalingrad is a historical card driven game simulating the massive urban battle that changed the course of WWII. The Hell of Stalingrad uses revolutionary mechanics to place players directly in the action as players control both large scale formations and individual units.

      The centerpiece of the game are the full color buildings representing historical Stalingrad buildings and neighborhoods including the Grain Elevator, the Traktor Factory and Pavlov’s House.

      The German player will use his disciplined and organized soldiers to batter their way through the nest of fortified strongholds and capture the city. Assisting him will be Panzer Divisions, Kampfgruppes and the elite Pioneer assault teams.

      The Soviet player must hold the city with his battered army of fanatical defenders. Reinforcements must brave constant Luftwaffe attacks as they struggle to cross the Volga River. Those lucky enough to survive are thrown into the carnage. The Soviets must hold out and prevent the invaders from capturing the city at all costs. The outcome of the war depends on the bravery of the few.

      The Hell of Stalingrad card game focuses on some key points:

      The use of historical formation, including Kampf Stahel and the 10th NKVD.
      Bombardment fire aids the German player and gradually turns Stalingrad into a massive inferno of ruins and vicious fighting.
      Cards are divided into Basic, Expert and Advanced, allowing for player experience and the specific scenarios.
      Historic commanders lead your army in the Campaign game. General Paulus commands the German 6th Army and General Lopitan the Soviet 62nd. However, Hitler and Stalin want immediate victory and will replace your leaders if you do not triumph.
      Legendary heroes including Panzer ace Von Loringhoven and Soviet sniper Vasilli Zaitsez are included.

      Owner: Jim

      I hope everybody has made some contacts within the group as this is what the site is for. I do plan on having a Friday evening or another Saturday gameday soon and I hope to meet more members. As winter approaches I will have a lot more time on weekends and will also be able to travel to distant places.

      Hey Joe- Looking forward to your ASL series as I think it will give a lot more people around the globe a better understanding of the game.

      Get Your War On,

      Matt