Re: [Good_Kefir_Grains] Water Kefir

  • Cindy Stevens
    Message 1 of 40 , May 4, 2012
      HI

      I just started using milk kefir about 5 months ago.  Prior to that I used water kefir only. for about 8 mths .....I noticed improvement in my joint pain  after about 6/7 weeks on water kefir.....Also there was a significant improvement in my energy levels......

      Hope this helps
      Cindy

      God Bless America

      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 17, 2013
        Hello all

        I'd interested to know how you do your water kefir.
        I use 120g of raw sugar to 120g of grains with a blob of about 5 ml of molasses, ¼ of a lemon skin an all and about 10 or so raisins. I fill my jar up to 2 l and let it ferment on my bench for 3 days. To my strained kefir I add 4 bags of fruit tea and may be some lemon verbena from my garden and at random chamomile and calendular flowers. I let all that infuse for 2 or 3 days and then bottle. My grains are huge and filling (when I eat them;). My kefir is quite strong. About 300 ml of kefir is enough for an 800 ml water bottle (300 ml kefir 500 ml water). I do sweeten my kefir.

        Wishing you all a merry and blessed Christmas and new year.

        Christel

        'Treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend all the care, kindness and understanding you can, with no thought of reward, and your life will never be the same.'