Re: Awesome Plastic Strainer

  • Rae
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi Neil,
      Nope. The strainer I got is hard plastic, ivory in color and has only
      one size of holes. Plus it only cost $1 (+tax, unfortunatly). I brew my
      milk kefir in a 1/2 gallon size glass jar (a rescued large sweet pickle
      relish jar with small size mouth). This strainer really does work good
      for me. It makes draining the completed milk kefir very fast and easy.
      I found it at a local store, Honks Dollar Store which is like the
      Dollar Tree chain. The holes are not too big and not too small.
      I used to use my old yellow Tupperware strainer to drain my milk kefir
      with every time. Now I use the Tupperware one only when I need to hot
      water rinse my jar. I dont know if the Dollar Tree stores carry these
      'can drainers', but it is worth it to at least look there if you are
      wanting something easier.
      Rae in Idaho