Re: Star Trek?

  • tiedyetravels
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2009
      If we want to go Saturday, I think we could be done with the workday by 4pm.

      Kat
    • Carmen LaFevers
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2009

        Greetings!

        Summer is approaching. How do you intend to welcome it in? Why not come to Camp Taloha in Pine Bluff, AR June 5-7 for the Gleann Abhann Live Weapons
        Championship!

        Join the Barony of Small Gray Bear as we hold tournaments to decide the next Gleann Abhann Live Weapons Champion. We will also be holding the Kingdom Yeoman tourney as well as the Kingdom Sentry Champion tourney. Contestants must submit an A&S project to be entered into the tourney.

        There will be Live Weapons, Fighting, Classes, Children's Activities, and a fantastic feast. At night, relax by the pool and soak away all the aches of the tournaments.

        Cabin space will be reserved on a first-come first-serve basis.
        Tenting space is unlimited.

        Reservations should be sent to

        Live Weapons Reservations
        c/o Barony of Small Gray Bear
        PO Box 21636
        Little Rock, AR 72221

        DIRECTIONS

        CAMP TALOHA
        3300 Taloha Road
        Pine Bluff AR 71603

        I-530, exit 39. West on Hwy 79. Right on Hwy 54 (Sulphur Springs Road). Drive 5 miles, take the right fork to Lee Springs Road.
        Right on Camp Taloha Road.

        PRICES:
        $16 ADULT WEEKEND
        $12 ADULT DAYTRIP
        $9 CHILD WEEKEND (ages 6-12)
        $7 CHILD DAYTRIP (ages 6-12)
        Children under the age of six not requiring a bed are free.
        Add $6 for Saturday night feast. All other meals included in site fee.
        Add $3 surcharge for non-members.
        CASH ONLY AT THE GATE.

        As Per Kingdom Law, no family shall pay more than 3 adult prices as long as the children are 15 and under and all are members. This includes 3 bed and feast spaces. For additional feast spaces for children receiving free admission, price is $6 per child.

        We'll see you there!

        Lady Yliria
        Autocrat of Live Weapons
        MoC of Small Gray Bear
        Gleann Abhann Kingdom Bard

      • borderorient
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2009
          Folks--

          Well, we had a real Tholian web here. Half the household couldn't make it on Friday, half couldn't on Sunday. Half wanted IMAX, half didn't.
          Saturday seemed like a bad day all around, with work day and family stuff for April and I.

          I just wanted to see this movie, which I've been waiting for a long @#$%!! time with my friends.

          So, I made a supreme sacrifice.

          Please join April and I FRIDAY, May 8 at the Breckinridge movie theatre at 7:30 to see Star Trek...

          and please join us again SUNDAY, May 10 at 1:00 at the Dickenson Chenal IMAX for Star Trek in IMAX.

          I've already bought the tickets for April and I. We'd love to see you at either (or both!).

          See, I -told- you I was a die-hard Trekkie.

          Your favorite geek,
          Neale

          --- In Golden_Panther@yahoogroups.com, "tiedyetravels" <katthestrange@...> wrote:

          > If we want to go Saturday, I think we could be done with the workday by 4pm.
          >
          > Kat

        • Gawin der Fuchs
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2009
            Wow Neale, I don't know how you are going to make it through that. :)
            As you know, Lisa and I have plans Friday Night but I will see if I can talk her into going Sunday.  Or if nothing else, letting me go Sunday.
            I may not be a Star Trek fan on the level of certain others but this looks like a good movie and possibly a good reboot for the universe.
            Gawin
            gawin@...

            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2009
              Well, I'm apparently out of luck. Ticketes are sold out for tomorrow night, and I can't get a baby sitter for Sunday. If we can get a sitter for Monday, Paul and I might go together then. Sorry.

              Kat
            • tiedyetravels
              Message 6 of 9 , May 7, 2009

                Message 7 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                  Okay, that was screwed up. Where I couldn't get a ticket earlier today (and where I had a double post like hours apart), I now have a ticket. So yes, I get to go. Where are we meeting?

                  Kat