Re: [Golden_Panther] A proposal.

  • paul mccune
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009
      I agree with Lisa.  I would rather not dissolve into one unit.  There is too much individuality between the houses to lump them all together.

      I see the Clan as five separate, not equal, parts.  There are those people in the Clan that do nothing all year but get into trouble, talk smack, drink to excess, and spread a stereotype of Marshin Fayne as a " F The Man we're going to do what we want when we want " household.  I would MUCH rather make a distinction between myself and my friends who work to better the world around them, and this bunch of children.  Maybe if the Clan as a whole decides to disolve the houses it would be a good time for Golden Panther to secede from the Clan and take our place as a major household in the kingdom.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009
        Ok... to both of the recent questions.

        1. Marshin Fayne can do whatever it wants. So can Golden Panther. If Fayne wants to become a household, so be it. That does not affect Golden Panther in the least. Our household is not and should not be affected by the decision of Fayne to change it's status. As far as 9/10 of the society is concerned, Fayne is already a household, as households are _unofficial_ units in the society.

        2. Sure. Let's have a website. What's not to like. Question is, is there anything we want to tell the rest of the world?

        Leif
      • April Carter
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009
          I don't like that idea.   If people want Marshin Fayne to be a household, fine, but I don't see why we can't be part of House Marshin Fayne without dissolving Panther.  If some of the other households that are having issues want to dissolve into Fayne, that's fine, but I don't want to.  I'm with Paul on keeping the distinction of being the service household in Fayne, as opposed to being lumped in with those whose bitching and drama are inversely proportional to the number of useful things they do.  More than that, though, I just don't want our household to go away. Panther's family, and the extended family's cool and all, but it's no substitute for mom and dad.

          April

          On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, tiedyetravels <katthestrange@...> wrote:

          There has been a proposal put out on the Fayne council list to dissolve all five households into Marshin Fayne. While I have my own opinions about this, I think it's only fair to go to my household and ask your opinions. Is this something you would want, or are you more comfortable remaining House Golden Panther?

          Kat

        • Lady Yliria
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009
            I gotta go with you guys on this one. i love fayne dearly but face it. when it comes to service, panther is the elite. we work our butts off for this household. and panther is well known for this fact. i dont think that should be tossed away.

            I don't like that idea. If people want Marshin Fayne to be a household,
            fine, but I don't see why we can't be part of House Marshin Fayne without
            dissolving Panther. If some of the other households that are having issues
            want to dissolve into Fayne, that's fine, but I don't want to. I'm with
            Paul on keeping the distinction of being the service household in Fayne, as
            opposed to being lumped in with those whose bitching and drama are inversely
            proportional to the number of useful things they do. More than that,
            though, I just don't want our household to go away. Panther's family, and
            the extended family's cool and all, but it's no substitute for mom and dad.

            April

            On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, tiedyetravels <katthestrange@...>wrote:

            > There has been a proposal put out on the Fayne council list to dissolve all
            > five households into Marshin Fayne. While I have my own opinions about this,
            > I think it's only fair to go to my household and ask your opinions. Is this
            > something you would want, or are you more comfortable remaining House Golden
            > Panther?
            >
            > Kat

          • Todd Shapley
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009

              Dissolve Golden Panther into Clan Marshin Fayne...

              Well, my first thought was No.

              Then I thought about it, read Louis post, read some of the responses in the other thread including Kat's, thought a bit more.

              I'm sticking with my first thought, No.

              I'll be honest with you all.  I agreed to be part of Golden Panther, not because it was part of Marshin Fayne but despite it.  The reputation of the clan is not one of great service, great fighting or of great artists.  The reputation is that of great parties and great trouble.  When I hear people speak of the clan it is in terms of the parties they have and the troubles of the past.  Even with all that, the family of Golden Panther is something I want to be part of.

              Louis spoke of the people of Fayne fighting under the banner of Storm, doing service under the banner of Panther, doing artistry under the banner of Barra export.  Honestly, that is what is currently being done.  Those that wish to fight with storm join House Storm, those that wish to serve with Panther join Golden Panther, those that wish to create with Barra join the house (I would include the other two but I am not familiar enough with them to know their focus) how will it help any of these people to dilute that identity they already have?

              Here is the real kicker to me.  Yes Golden Panther is described as a service household.  Honestly though, I see that more as a function of the people than the directing of the leadership.  We gathered together because we are like-minded people who feel a sort of kinship.  Part of that is our desire and willingness to serve.  Simply, we serve because we want to, not because our household tells us to.  If we weren't in the household, I feel we would all still serve in many the same ways.

              If the households of Fayne merge:

              Will I fight under the banner of House Storm?  No I won't.  There is a reason I am not part of House Storm and it has nothing to do with the members of that house.  I am a royalist and will fight for the Barony until such a time as my fealty flows through a Knight to the Crown, then I will fight with my Knight.  The people of House Storm are wonderful folks but I have another path at this time.

              Will I do arts under the banner of Barra Exports?  No I won't.  My artistry is based from necessity, personal expression or desire of knowledge and will remain so.  If I eventually decide to enter these items in competition it will not be as a member of Barra Exports it will be as a member of Gleann Abhann again because I am a Royalist.  Again my path diverges.

              Will I do service under the banner of Golden Panther?  No more than I do now.  I serve because I want to.  I serve because it is necessary for this hobby to function.  I did not join this household out of a desire to do service.  I joined because my desire to do service led me to a group who feels similarly.  Here my path matches that of the household.  Here I found fellow travelers I could call family.  This is not where I come to find the path, this is where I am due to my path.

              As seperate entities that work together Clan Marshin Fayne allows people to find those who travel the same path and to assist those from the other entities when the various paths cross.  This diversity is what makes the Clan unique. The ability of each group to go their own way when necessary does not weaken the Clan, it strengthens it. If you force the whole to move as one mass you will just end up breaking it.

              Gawin
              gawin@...

            • Lady Yliria
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2009