Moving Malinda

  • tiedyetravels
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 11:24 AM
      Hey folks --

      Malinda also needs to be moved. A lot of her stuff is already boxed (tubs!) but she needs the help. We talked some last night and realized with the work weekend and Beltaine coming up that we're about to run out of weekends. So... who'd be ready to do some moving this weekend?

      Also, Malinda -- you were looking for a futon couch/bed? Garden Ridge has them on sale right now for $129. Not that I'm a fan of GR any more, but I saw it in the circular.

      Kat
    • Lisa Shapley
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 3:37 PM

        Okay, here we have a problem.

        Leif needs help with his house and possible moving

        Melinda needs help moving.

        Now, it looks like an either/or, but I think with a good plan, we can tackle both.

        Maybe split up into teams? Some of us go help Leif with his house, and some go help Melinda move some stuff. Maybe help Melinda in the morning and Leif in the afternoon?

        Now, don't forget, while next weekend is Coronation, a lot of people won't go to that, so there might be a chance to squeeze in more moving time.

        Either way, I'm not giving up on helping both of them. Before last weekend, there were plans flying around to get Leif and Neale and April moved on the same weekend. I'm sure we can adapt something, huh?

        Come on, Panther! This ain't even a hard problem for us!

        Lisa

        --
        Sometimes life is like a can of Spam: mysterious and mostly indigestible.
      • tiedyetravels
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3 2:14 PM
          Hey folks -- wanted to see if anyone was available to help move Malinda this weekend. While she doesn't have everything packed, it would help immensely if the ~200 Rubbermail tubs could be moved -- then she'll have room to move the rest. Shouldn't take too long if we get several people together. Please let me know if you're available (she has work this evening and won't be able to get on the list).

          Kat
        • Todd Shapley
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3 2:29 PM

            Kat,

            I am definitely available for moving assistance on Saturday but I notice that plans seem to be forgetting that Leif needs help as well.

            As Leif has indicated that he is pushing to get things ready and may need a couple extra hours, here is what I propose.

            I think everyone should gather in the morning to get Malinda moved.  With enough vehicles and people this should go pretty quickly if things are in tubbies.  Once we get the bulk of her stuff moved, including whatever furniture needs a truck to be moved, we split off and send a crew to at least help Leif get his furniture and large items moved.

            Any objections?

            Todd

            gawin@...

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3 2:44 PM
              Oh, no, not forgetting Leif -- not at all. I figure working at his place is going to take the bulk of the day.

              So, what time? Malinda works until 11pm. 9am sound good or late?

              Kat
            • Todd Shapley
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3 3:02 PM

                No problem Kat, I just really don't want him to get forgotten in the mad house shuffle we seem to be having right now. :)  Knowing that Leif probably isn't going to be online much right now, I'll try to give him a call and see how things are going and post here tonight.

                9am is good for me though I can't speak for others.

                Of course we should also probably figure out where we are going to meet and make sure people know how to get there.  I have never been to Malinda's apartment and I am not certain how to get back to her new house.

                Todd

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3 4:14 PM

                  Ok.  I spoke with Leif and he is not going to be ready to move his stuff until next weekend.  This weekend he is going to be doing work on the house.  That doesn't mean he doesn't need help though.  Fortunately it does mean he needs specific kinds of help and it isn't as time sensitive.

                  He is currently sanding his floors and hopes to be done with that tonight.  Tomorrow a group is going to be there to help him pull wiring and get his electrical fixed.  The thing is, sanding the floors has kicked up a lot of dust and he will need help getting things cleaned up before he starts staining and sealing the floors (dust in polyurethane looks horrible).  Thus if anyone is not physically able to do much lifting and hauling of boxes, he could really use your help.  Or if anyone has energy after we get Malinda moved there will likely be plenty to do.

                  Unfortunately I won't be able to help him move next weekend as Lisa and I are going to Coronation.

                  Todd

                  gawin@...

                  On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Todd Shapley <todd.shapley@...> wrote:

                  No problem Kat, I just really don't want him to get forgotten in the mad house shuffle we seem to be having right now. :)  Knowing that Leif probably isn't going to be online much right now, I'll try to give him a call and see how things are going and post here tonight.

                  9am is good for me though I can't speak for others.

                  Of course we should also probably figure out where we are going to meet and make sure people know how to get there.  I have never been to Malinda's apartment and I am not certain how to get back to her new house.

                  Todd

                  On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM, tiedyetravels <katthestrange@...> wrote:

                  Oh, no, not forgetting Leif -- not at all. I figure working at his place is going to take the bulk of the day.

                  So, what time? Malinda works until 11pm. 9am sound good or late?

                  Kat

                • Neale Carter
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3 5:47 PM
                    Kat, Todd--

                    April and I will be there, 9-ish. One caveat: Like Todd and Lisa did
                    with us last weekend, we have to take a small break to get our taxes done.

                    Oh, and yes, the Internet is back on at our place. Huzzah.

                    Neale
                  • tiedyetravels
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3 8:04 PM
                      Okay, Malinda lives at 5510 A St, Apt 5 -- take Markham to North Taylor (across from St. Vincent's). Go north and the complex (I believe it's still Lanai) is on the right. Her apartment is in the valley. Park at the end of the lot.

                      I am coming -- but I am also bringing Hunter.

                      Neale, you might bring the dolly -- it'll be easier to roll out tubs.

                      Kat
                    • tiedyetravels