I thought I'd pass this along.

  • tiedyetravels
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2011
      From the Fayne list:

      Brothers and Sisters,

      It has been a hard year for many of us. The wars that drive the society offer grand opportunities to unleash frustrations, set aside responsibilities, and revel until we feel at peace again amidst the company of family and friends. Diamond Wars was no exception.

      Still, some among us devoted to service step forward yearly, monthly, daily, and in the cases of a few, hourly, to maintain the systems and practices that keep these events moving forward with a steady and rewarding pace.

      I could list many individuals but I would miss a few who worked diligently behind the scenes. Know that while I most visibly saw Kat the Strange, Kevin, and Neal, all of House Golden Panther pulled hard to make the kitchen (and everything else) a smoothly running example of how it can be done.

      House Smoking Tankard threw a party Saturday that seemed the most casual gather I've seen in a long time, and it was a grand success. Boffer weapons are a greatness all on their own. A soft stated but ever watchful presence in that gather was Grav. He made sure that everyone, known or unknown to us, was made feel welcome and acted like a true host, understating his own enjoyment for that of the party's success.

      I seldom volunteer for these events as I view them as a place to unwind from my daily life. It is doubly amazing to me therefore that some of you work so hard and take so much pleasure in this service. I am eternally grateful. It is my honor to be a member of House Smoking Tankard, and Clan Marshin Fayne. It is a joy, largely for that honor, to be a member of the Society at large. For all that you have given, I thank you.

      Ian "the Frog" Cunningham

      House Smoking Tankard of Clan Marshin Fayne

      Jonathon Hammond