Diamond Wars 25

  • Toirdhealbach Wesley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2010

      Greetings My Family,
      I hope this missive finds You well. I need help from my Clan. We need as many of you as possible to attend Diamond Wars this year. Not only is it the events 25th anniversary, it is OUR 15th! DW has always been a Fayne event. Please, do not let the location of event deter you from showing up. We have many members that travel thousands of miles for this event. Roibeard, our new Taoiseach comes from the Boston area, Lance comes from CANADA! A few extra hours drive really shouldn't matter that much. I need you for the party Saturday night. As the Silver Anniversary party, they want it to be all out. WE are in charge of the bar. Barra Export has raised 180$ to go toward a keg and Rum Runners. The Gleann Abhann Brewing Guild will have beers and wines and meads there. We need more. All donations of liquor are great, or money to allow us to expand our beer and increase the length of time the Rum Runners will last. But mostly, We need a Presence. Duchess Ilissa is trying to use this to make money on, instead of using Shadow Legion and do a massive grill, she will be selling 'party platters' from her Dunkin Duchess. We should provide FREE food. Kevin (Jean Claude de' Callie), myself and a couple others, are putting money together to purchase a pre-cooked Roasting animal. Who else can go in on this? Who can bring other dishes to setup at food table? WE NEED YOU! Show up, Party, Help out. BE THERE! The last war we held there, most members of Fayne chose to 'boycott' the event due to the site. The event turned out to be very comfortable. Not cold, not too hot. Everyone was looking for the Fayne party that Saturday night. We weren't there. They were disappointed, but went 'eh. whatever.' We don't want that. We want to be looked for, and sorely missed. We want our absence to be hole in the event. The 'boycott' backfired and did no good, other than ruin OUR rep for throwing partys where-ever and when-ever we want. We need to have people come to this party and leaving going, "Damn, can't wait to see what they do at Gulf Wars". We want people to come to our camp at Gulf? Show them that THEY want to come. So again, All of you, please come to the event. We need you. The fate of the Clans rep at future Diamond's very well may rest in this one event.

      Thank you. (stepping off of soapbox)

      Toirdhealbach Wesley
      Commodore (Chief) of Barra Export
      Members of:Smoking Tankard, Golden Panther, Ishee,
      Prospect of:Storm
      Clan Marshin Fayne

      Can you read these?
      (On a Car)
      Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.
      (One of life's Questions)
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

      Answers?
      Top: If you can read this bumper sticker, you are very well educated and much too close.
      Bottom: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?