Re: [Goat_Friends] Goat Trapped on Cliff Rescued

  • ila shane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2002
      I am familiar with Briley Parkway. and It is a vary
      fast pace traffic area. I am surprised they were able
      to assist the goat . two thumbs up for the Metro
      animal control unit .
      --- iimpster <iimpster@...> wrote:
      > thanks Purr, theres a great vid-clip (java pop) on
      > the page too...
      >
      > http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?s=859218
      >
      > Goat Trapped Above Briley Parkway Rescued
      >
      > A goat trapped in a very precarious position
      > provided a strange sight
      > for motorists on Briley Parkway Tuesday.
      >
      > For the last couple of days, the goat has been
      > hanging out on a cliff
      > some 50 feet above the highway. He was first spotted
      > there Monday,
      > but a fire crew was unable to get him down. Tuesday
      > afternoon, Metro
      > Animal Control, concerned he may be disoriented and
      > in danger of
      > falling, tried to catch him.
      >
      > The goat scampered off, leading officers on a little
      > game of cat and
      > mouse.
      >
      > "I didn't think we was going to catch him there for
      > a minute, but we
      > finally got him hemmed up, and I think he tripped
      > him with the stick
      > rope, and I tackled him," said Billy Biggs, Metro
      > Animal Control.
      >
      > Getting the goat off the cliff was another
      > challenge.
      >
      > "First we tied his legs together, but he was too
      > heavy to carry that
      > way, so we put him on the catch pole and he come
      > along with us."
      >
      > The goat will now be taken back to Metro Animal
      > Control, where he'll
      > be rehydrated and taken care of until he's available
      > for adoption;
      > that is, unless someone comes forward to claim him
      > first.
      >
      > News 2 at 4:30
      > 07.16.02
      >
      > http://www.wkrn.com/

      =====

      Today is another day you can either use it wisely or waste it.

      you can use it to please God or to please yourself. or you can ue it to please yourself with God In mine.

      My best day is when i pray first then get out of bed.

      http://autos.yahoo.com