lucky number 3 saves goaty from chopping block

  • iimpster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002
      Earnhardt fans snap pictures of goat with No. 3 birthmark

      DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) A 4-month-old goat with a curious birthmark
      has fans of the late racing star Dale Earnhardt flocking to a north
      Florida farm.

      The brown Nubian goat, named Lil' Dale, was born with a distinctive
      white three - Earnhardt's number - on her right side.

      "It's weird," said her owner, Jerry Pierson. "I've seen people take
      pictures and get tears in their eyes."

      "One woman said, `Man, she gives me chills,'" Pierson said.

      Although she was born on a meat and dairy farm in Interlachen, about
      50 miles south of Jacksonville, Pierson says Lil' Dale likely has a
      career in advertising.

      "How couldn't she be something to NASCAR or auto racing?" Pierson
      asked. "All you have to do is put an oilcan in front of her and it'll
      sell."