2 Babies at the Wm Farm!

  • Imp Ster
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
      yes, its true... the wee folk arrived at last

      had just enough gas to get there and back tonight - it was good i
      went as the 2 had gotten out of stall and were lost in shed, momma
      was frantic

      2 silver-mange widgets

      so i got them back in nanny pen, stuffed hay and a few more slat
      boards in open spaces they had nosed thru

      they went right for milk! - both got a full tummy , nanny groomed
      them well, they were sleeping nested in fresh hay when reluctantly i
      left

      Wm is more bossy than ever. i will have to expedite the buck pen
      construction

      basicaly we want to divide the goat yard into 2 or 3 sections, one
      for bucks (like Wm) who can hammer the fence with no ill effect

      the 2 look just like her last kid, the little white-grey thing
      standing next to nanny at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goat_Friends_Rx_Ry/

      Wm may be a proud bossy papagoat, but NannyB did all the work!

    • Imp Ster
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2007
        arriving late one afternoon just in time to free the inquisitive
        baby nannette from terminal entrapment in a narrow crevice.
        already in panic from struggling, mortal fearful exhaustion would
        soon have set in.
        her barrel had slipped past a plank but her tiny hips were wedged
        fast.
        only with great care was i able to somehow shimmy her out to
        freedom.
        mercy upon them o Lord, what other mortal mischief goes on in my
        absence??
        was it St Francis who called me from my useless wanderings in
        barely the nick of time?

        dont know how much longer i can keep this up.
        Bush's Gas costing over U$ 3 a gallon.
        (should we now call them "Imperial" gallons, i wonder?)

        so, every trip to the Wm farm now costs me about U$13.
        i am spending more on gas than hay and feed combined.
        i could feed a dozen goats on what i am spending just to visit my
        6.
        fortunately i do some work that nets me about U$ 40 a week.
        so the goats food is assured.
        only the gas must be found for the daily (we hope) journey into
        darkest (county redacted).

        oh well.
        it was my choice to keep up this charade of goat keeping.
        when it comes to love, you dont count the cost.
        (we have bean counters and Bushiters for that.)

        --- In Goat_Friends@yahoogroups.com, "Imp Ster" <iimpster@...>