Goat Head Stew Is One Person's Veg Turning Point

  • Imp Ster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2004
      "Once while cycling through an isolated area of Greece, we saw a herd
      of goats with their little kids. I skidded to an abrubt halt. They
      were friendly, and we spent a fair amount of time interacting with
      them.

      A half-hour later, we stopped for lunch at an outdoor roadside
      cafe. There were three huge covered pots cooking on the open fire.
      One pot was goat's head soup, complete with the head.

      I was 24 years old and it finally dawned on me where meat came from.

      I went vegetarian on the spot."

      -Patty Mark
      Australian Activist Known as the Pioneer of the Global "Open Rescue"
      Movement