Dino the Goat

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Dino the Goat

      Dino came from Brooklyn, New York, where he had been tied to a doghouse
      for approximately five years. He arrived emaciated and stunted,
      looking more like a baby goat than the adult that he is. Dino had been
      extremely malnourished, and fed mostly rice, pasta and cracked corn. Due to
      this improper diet, most likely from the time he was young, Dino has
      developed a condition called Osteodystrophia Fibrosa, which has left him
      with permanent jaw and facial deformities. These deformities make it
      difficult for Dino to keep food in his mouth, since his jaw is
      underdeveloped and misshapen. Dino is now on a special diet and Farm Sanctuary
      staff monitors his progress closely. Happily, Dino will have the time he
      needs to recover, and soon enjoy his new life walking through the
      pasture and eating healthy hay, grass and yummy goat feed. If you would
      like to see a picture and read more about Dino, please visit
      http://www.farmsanctuary.org/adopt/rescue_dino.htm

      Colleen Klaum