A Meaningful Life by Bhikkhu Bodhi

  • Antony Woods
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 9:49 PM
      "One of the great blessings
      of the Buddha's teaching
      is the remedy it can offer
      for the problem of meaninglessness
      so widespread in human life today.
      The Dhamma can serve
      as a source of meaning
      primarily because it provides us
      with the two requisites of a meaningful life:
      an ultimate goal for which to live,
      and a clearcut but flexible set of instructions
      by which we can advance toward that goal
      from whatever station in life we start from."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/bodhi/bps-essay_14.html
      From: The Quest for Meaning
      By Bhikkhu Bodhi
      For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and
      the Buddhist Publication Society
    • antony272b2
        From: The Quest for Meaning
        By Bhikkhu Bodhi
        For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and
        the Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk

        With metta / Antony.
      • antony272b2
          From: The Quest for Meaning
          By Bhikkhu Bodhi
          For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and the Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk

          Also see last week's post "Goals beneath Nibbana in new light":

          With metta / Antony.