Al Davis

  • ac3a
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2003
      I found this article at
      http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/sports/6606400.htm. I couldn't resist
      putting my two cents worth in...

      "Mr. Davis and Company have apparently forgotten that it is the general
      public that feeds him and his football company."

      You people BEGGED Al Davis to bring the Raiders back to Oakland. He had
      BETTER offers from other cities. He should have known better after the way
      that you people SCREWED the Raider the first time. You couldn't wait to
      SCREW THE RAIDERS AGAIN. Fraud is fraud. Face it. You're GUILTY. I
      heard Oakland Raider fans BOOING the team during a SCORING DRIVE on their
      way to a SUPER-BOWL appearance. Just who in hell is being DISLOYAL
      here? You people DON'T deserve the RAIDERS. Ed DeSilva belongs in
      PRISON. Your Colosseum Commission belongs in PRISON too. Arthur Andersen
      should be investigated by the SEC and FINED THE HELL OUT OF. Just WHO is
      FEEDING WHOM? The Raiders have brought BILLIONS of tourism dollars into
      the Bay Area with money-spending fans travelling from as far away as the
      EAST COAST to see the RAIDERS not to see the BAY AREA.

      "...we should tell Mr. Davis and Company to leave our community so we can
      obtain a truly compatible professional football team with our area."

      If the Raiders do choose to leave the Bay Area,what self-respecting NFL
      team would locate there? You people have SCREWED the Raiders TWICE. Only
      a MORON would bring a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR NFL football team to you. The
      local fans are ANIMALS and the local government officials are,apparently,A
      PACK OF LIARS & THIEVES. Just which NFL team do you think is "compatible"
      with you?

      Get real.

      <hr>

      Sincerely,

      Arnett B. Carroll, III
      WebMaster
      Http://HotStuffe.com Windows Mp3 Music Screensavers
      Http://Adult-Personal.com Free Adult Personal Ads
      Http://Link-Trading-Post.com Build Traffic and Search Results Position by
      trading links with related websites

      "Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a
      sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which
      we are given the opportunity to perform at our best. "

      Michael Johnson
      http://www.motivatingquotes.com/
    • Michael Warwick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
        Hello Potential Joes!

        The first two seasons of Pros vs. Joes have been such big hits that Spike is ready to get going on a bigger and better Season 3.  This season promises to have even more trash-talking Pros, even more hard-hitting action and a big grand prize…you won’t want to miss out!  We’re also taking the competition on the road and taking on a much bigger group of Joes, so please TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!  You’ve really got a shot!

        Please read the following Casting Notice, send in an application and you could be suiting up as early as this October!

        Also, please forward this on to any of your friends, teammates or archrivals!!

        The search is ON.

        Thanks,
        Casting Department
        PROS VS JOES 3

        PROS VS. JOES
        CASTING FOR SEASON III

        Are you a die-hard sports fan who thinks he’s got what it takes to take on Hall of Fame professional athletes in a no-mercy, no-holds-barred competition?  Or, are you someone who excelled in high school or collegiate sports and are ready for your chance to show your friends and family you could have gone all the way?  Then...WE NEED YOU!

        The casting team for Spike TV’s hit show; Pros Vs. Joes is looking for everyday JOES to compete against some of the best professional athletes in the world for the show’s third season.  The show is an action-packed sports series that will put the average JOE'S strength, athletic ability and attitude to the test! They will compete against the PROS and each other in competitions where only one JOE will win the ultimate prize package.

        Here are some of the PROS from our first two seasons; Jerry Rice, Roy Jones Jr., Randy Couture, Darryl Strawberry, Michael Irvin, Bill Romanowski, Herschel Walker, Dennis Rodman, Clyde Drexler, Dominique Wilkins, Bo Jackson, Jose Canseco, Wade Boggs, Kordell Stewart, Claude Lemieux.

        If you are super outgoing and a die-hard competitive sports fan at least 25 years old, in prime physical condition, who is ready for anything, please send the following:

        A completed participant application
        A 5-7 minute videotape (as further described in our videotape instructions)
        2 recent individual photos of yourself (labeled with your name, age, stats, occupation and contact information)
        A brief paragraph about why you should be selected for the show.

        Please go to our website www.prosvsjoes3casting.spiketv.com to download the application and send everything to our casting team at:

        Mess Media
        Pros Vs. Joes Casting
        1831 Stanford St.
        Santa Monica, CA 90404
        310.566.6280
        prosvsjoescasting@...

        Completed applications must be received by August 1st, 2007.

        Producer reserves the right, as its sole discretion, to extend the deadline, as appropriate.

        *If you have been paid to play a sport you may not be eligible.
        **Producer’s decisions regarding Pros vs. Joes (including, without limitation, decisions concerning selection of participants) are final and not subject to challenge or appeal.