Coach

  • Oaklandboxer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2007
      Quick! Someone call Rich Gannon! We can cut him after 1 year if he
      doen't do a good job right? Fire Art Shell? After 1 season?
    • ray johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2007
        NOOOO!!!!!... or in tha words of miss raiders,"Awwww Hellll Naaaaaw"....i would not touch his ass with a fiddy foot blunt..ha-ha...if we do make a deal with tha falcons then trade moss or porter for algee crumpler(this cat is a baaaaaad man yall), but do not give up tha #1 pick cause we worked hard to suck worse than them lion cubs up in detroit this year so we earned it,peace oowwwtt,rotikdawg....p.s---say it aint soooo W-kat!!!!

        "wonderfulkat Moderator" wrote:

        Raiders to Make a Run at Vick?

        Posted Jan 22nd 2007 11:10PM by mjd
        Filed under: Falcons, Raiders, AFC West, NFC South, NFL Rumors
        FoxSports.com is starting a rumor that Lane Kiffin might want to be aware of. I don't know if he'd be happy about it, or if it would cause him to hang himself in his garage, but it would certainly make his new life more interesting:
        Oakland is preparing to make a run at Michael Vick. The package would include WRs Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and Atlanta's first-round pick.
        You know who would win that trade? Matt Schaub. He'd take over the Falcons starting job, have amazing WRs to throw to, plus the #1 overall pick, which would turn into another weapon for him. Vick, meanwhile, would be in Oakland with a brand new head coach, throwing to ... I don't know, Johnnie Morant?

        If Arthur Blank and Al Davis were in love, it would be just like The Gift of the Magi. "Oh, I traded my quarterback to buy you some wide receivers." "But I traded my wide receivers to get you a quarterback! " Awww.

        Anyway, the rumor does make a lot of sense, and in a lot of ways, it seems to be God's plan that Michael Vick one day ends up as an Oakland Raiders. Still, there's a 99.92% chance that this never happens, just because these things never seem to work out.

        Share This Post: Netscape | Yardbarker | Digg | Fark | Del.icio.us

        Reader Comments

        (Page 1)
        1. Yeah right. Get rid of an ASS WIPE for 2 more
        ASSHOLES. Arthur Blank just jumped off a Stack Of Money. If that ever happens, That will be almost as funny as that Hershel Walker trade back in the 80's.
        If that happens the Falcons take 5 steps BACKWARD.
        If your gonna get rid of a SCUM Bag then don't
        replace it with 2 more.GET DRAFT PICKS AND BUILD.
        Al Davis is Senile. Get his Picks..All you can.
        Posted at 11:37PM on Jan 22nd 2007 by Mr.White

        peace owwwwt,rotikdawg...ps:silver-n-black,holla back....
      • califaest
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2007
          Lane Kiffin? Once again, AL Davis and company prove that improving the
          team is not their main concern. Yes, Lane was a damn good coordinator
          for USC, but the NFL is not the PAC10, and we do not have the talent USC
          does. At this point nothing the Raiders do will surprise me, rumor has
          that we now what Michael Vick.....why? We have no running backs, no
          recievers, no defense, no offense, just a bunch check collectors
          pretending to be a football team!!!!!

          Oakland Raiders during a press conference on Tuesday, January 23, 2007
          at 1:00 p.m. at the Raiders' facility in Alameda. With his appointment
          today by Raiders owner Al Davis, Kiffin becomes the 16th head coach in
          franchise history and the youngest head coach in the NFL. The 31-year
          old Kiffin is also the youngest Head Coach in Raider history. Pro
          Football Hall of Fame Coach John Madden was 32 when he was elevated to
          the head post by Davis in 1969.
          > Most recently, Kiffin presided over the vaunted offensive attack at
          the University of Southern California that a featured long, medium and
          short-range passing game coupled with a power running attack. His
          tutoring helped the Trojans capture back-to-back National College
          Football Championships in 2003 and 2004.
          > Kiffin's play-calling, structure and offensive design helped the
          Trojan produce two Heisman Trophy winners-Reggie Bush in 2005 and Matt
          Leinart in 2004.
          > Kiffin, the son of longtime pro and college coach Monte Kiffin, just
          completed his sixth year at the University of Southern California. He
          joined the Trojan staff in 2001 handling the tight ends and he coached
          wide receivers from 2002-03. In 2004, he took on the responsibility of
          passing game coordinator as well as coaching wide receivers. In 2005, he
          was promoted to offensive coordinator and recruiting coordinator in
          addition to continuing as the wide receivers coach.
          > Under Kiffin's offensive leadership in 2006, the Trojans finished
          first in the Pac-10 in passing efficiency, averaging 264 yards per game,
          produced two 1,000-yard receivers (Dwayne Jarrett-1,105, Steve
          Smith-1,083) and a 3,000-yard passer (John David Booty-3,347).
          > In 2005, Kiffin was named one of the nation's Top 25 recruiters and
          served as offensive coordinator of an offensive that ranked in the top
          six nationally in every offensive category, including tops in total
          offense (579.8 yards per game) and second in scoring offense (49.1), and
          set Pac-10 records for total offense yardage, first downs, points
          scored, touchdowns and PATs. The Trojans, who scored 50 points a
          school-record seven times, won games by an average of 26.2 points.
          > Kiffin's play-calling and offensive design enabled Bush to capture the
          2005 Heisman and the Trojans to become the first school to have a
          3,000-yard passer (Matt Leinart-3,815), a pair of 1,000-yard runners
          (Bush-1,777, LenDale White-1,319) and a 1,000-yard receiver
          (DwayneJarrett-1,274) in a season.
          > In 2004, Kiffin coached on a staff that led Southern California to its
          second straight National Championship. He was in charge of a passing
          attack that helped Leinart win the Heisman Trophy with 3,322 yards
          passing and 33 touchdowns.
          > He also mentored the Trojan wide receivers including Mike Williams, a
          consensus All-American first teamer and a finalist for the Biletnikoff
          Award in 2003, who set Southern California career (30) and season (16)
          touchdown reception records. Kiffin also coached Keary Colbert, who set
          the Southern California career reception record (207) and was a NFL
          second round pick and Jarrett, who was named Freshman All-American first
          team.
          > In 2002, Kiffin coached the Southern California wide receivers that
          included Williams, who was Freshman All-American first team and the
          Pac-10 Freshman of the Year and Colbert both of whom became Southern
          California's first pair of 1,000-yard receivers. He also coached Kareem
          Kelly, who became the Trojan career reception leader and was a sixth
          round NFL draft pick.
          > With Kiffin on the coaching staff, Southern California played in the
          2001 Las Vegas Bowl, 2003 Orange Bowl, 2004 Rose Bowl, 2005 Orange Bowl
          (BCS Championship Game) and 2006 Rose Bowl (BCS Championship Game) and
          the 2007 Rose Bowl.
          > Kiffin was the defensive quality control coach for the NFL's
          Jacksonville Jaguars in 2000 (he worked with the secondary). He began
          his coaching career at Fresno State, his alma mater, where for two
          seasons (1997-98) he worked with the quarterbacks, wide receivers and
          defensive backs. He then was an assistant at Colorado State in 1999,
          working with the offensive line. The Rams played in the Liberty Bowl
          that season.
          > Kiffin was a quarterback at Fresno State for three seasons (1994-96),
          where he was coached by current University of California Head Coach Jeff
          Tedford. He earned his bachelor's degree in leisure service management
          from Fresno State in 1998. He prepped at Bloomington (Minn.) Jefferson
          High, where he played football, basketball and baseball.
          > He was born May 9, 1975. His wife's name is Layla. They have two
          daughters, Landry, 2 and Pressley, 3 months. His father, Monte, is the
          defensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The elder Kiffin, a
          longtime NFL and collegiate assistant coach served as North Carolina
          State's head coach in the early 1980s. His brother, Chris, was a
          defensive lineman at Colorado State (2001-04).

        • Oaklandboxer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2007
            Oh you got to be kidding me! How did I know Al Davis couldn't
            handle having a 1st round draft pick. Have you seen the possible deal-
            Oh my God. Porter, Moss, and our 1st round spot in the draft...What
            the hell? And on top of it all, they are cutting Trojan's coach a 5yr.
            deal after only giving a real Raider only 1 shot? A 5yr deal? A 5yr
            deal? Now maybe we will love this guy, maybe he will be an answer to a
            winning record we been looking for....maybe Art Shell was too-he
            didn't get a 5yr deal, and he is an old school Raider. I am so
            irritated right now! I will support the decisions made - but I don't
            have to like it. Thanks for listening everybody - I got nobody to vent
            to here in "Bear Country".
            RAIDERS FOREVER
            BLEEDING SILVER & BLACK
          • Antoinette Gonzalez
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007

              HAHAHAHAHA..................................LIKE MY DAWG SAID....................HELL NAWWWWWWWWW, LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER MIS-FIT MUTHA-F$@&ER..............................................BEEN THERE, DONE DID DAT F*$@IN GAME EH

              From: ray johnson <rotikdawg>
              To: GoRaiders@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [GoRaiders-BAM! Right in the eye!] Raiders to Make a Run at Vick?
              Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:28:31 -0800 (PST)