Raiders officially get Moss

  • wonderfulkat
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005

      Raiders officially get Moss

      Alameda, CA (Sports Network) - The Oakland Raiders and Minnesota Vikings have completed a trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.

      The enigmatic receiver was introduced by head coach Norv Turner during an afternoon press conference.

      "I am very flattered to be here and anxious to be in this situation," Moss said. "I want to get back to being a dangerous player."

      Moss donned his new No. 18 jersey -- the same number he wore when the Vikings drafted him in 1998 out of Marshall. He later switched to No. 84.

      Minnesota gets linebacker Napoleon Harris, the No. 7 pick in April's NFL draft and a late-round pick in exchange for Moss. The trade was made last week, but couldn't be made official until Wednesday.

      Moss was hampered with a hamstring injury this past season and finished with 767 yards and 13 touchdowns on 49 receptions. He had 9,142 yards and 90 TDs on 574 career catches with Minnesota, which reached the divisional round of the 2004 playoffs.

      Oakland will have a solid receiving squad next season headed by Moss and Jerry Porter, who re-signed with the team last week. The Raiders also have young wideout Ronald Curry in the fold.

      "With the addition of me, I just see them adding more firepower," Moss added. "I'm ready to shake this thing up. I'm committed to excellence and just want to win, baby!"

      The Vikings, meanwhile, will receive a former first-round pick in Harris, who was selected by Oakland with the 23rd overall choice in 2002.

      Minnesota will also have two first-round picks in April's draft, adding the seventh choice to its own at No. 18.

      03/02 19:21:20 ET