The Janet Incident - SB38

  • Arnett Carroll
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      I just started a new job and,unfortunately,drew last Sunday night. I
      had to listen to the Super Bowl on SportingNews radio via Westwood
      One. Marv Albert and Boomer did the game. I had no idea about the
      halftime show. I live in South Carolina and was more interested in
      the Panthers' progress in the Super Bowl. It was a great game and
      I'm extremely proud of the way that my "other team" (My other "other
      team" is the Falcons. :-() played.

      I was off Monday and Tuesday and was working inside steaming my
      carpets and listening to SportsTalk while I worked. I was expecting
      to be bombarded with Brady-This and Brady-That. Everyone who called
      in was complaining about "The Janet Incident". This went on for
      awhile but no one would say exactly what happened. It was driving me
      nuts so I went online and searched Google News for "Janet Jackson
      Super Bowl". Among the lisitings announcing her appearance was one
      stating that Janet had "bared her breast" during the halftime show.
      Hmmmmm. How bad could it have been?

      I found some pictures of the incident,put them together into one
      picture and put it into our Yahoo Photo Album. It's not exactly
      Raider News but it's been the most searched topic online this week.
      If you haven't seen "The Incident" the picture pretty much tells the
      tale. If you're under legal age in your area and your parents told
      you not to look at stuff like that then don't.

      I'm not going to offer any opinion of "The Incident" other than to
      say that I feel badly that it has completely stolen the Super Bowl
      limelight from the NFL. Too much has been made of it and probably
      will continue to be. It was a great game from my end. I was really
      hoping for an overtime Super Bowl. Congrats to the Pats fans.
      Also,to all the Panther fans.